IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

My girlfriend made me sit through P.S. I love You. A very painful experience, inside I was screaming with rage. 0/10

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have been making my way back through all the Star Trek movies. In this case my memory of them seemed pretty accurate; imo the 4th one is the only good one (the one directed by Leonard Nimoy). The rest are varying shades of blech. I guess Ricardo Montalban raises the second one up a bit. And the later ones directed by Jonathan Frakes are terrible. So yeah, the 4th one.

social network - rented it and realised i couldn't give enough of a shit to watch it.

You done fucked up there. One of the best movies Hollywood has had anything to do with for quite a while. WAY more immersive and interesting than you'd think. The dialogue is sharp as fuck and every actor knocked it out of the park. It was really refreshing.

Guest Z_B_Z

bronson - 7/10

the british chopper, but not as good. i enjoyed the intensity of tom hardys performance.

social network - rented it and realised i couldn't give enough of a shit to watch it.

You done fucked up there. One of the best movies Hollywood has had anything to do with for quite a while. WAY more immersive and interesting than you'd think. The dialogue is sharp as fuck and every actor knocked it out of the park. It was really refreshing.

i'll take your word for it but i know i don't need to watch this film. which might sound narrow minded, cos i can definately enjoy films with seemingly uninspiring subject matter but i don't care about facebook, the guy who thought of facebook, the guys who think they thought of facebook, drama centred around who thought of facebook, a film about facebook, talking about facebook, or anything else even remotely linked to facebook. and no, i'm not on facebook.

Guest bitroast

Evangelion 2:22.

absolutely amazing animation / action sequences. the entire film was amazing to watching.

but, but.. the story?? ... wwhaaat?????? i have no idea what the fuck is going on in the evangelion series, but i still enjoy it.

Evangelion 2:22.

absolutely amazing animation / action sequences. the entire film was amazing to watching.

but, but.. the story?? ... wwhaaat?????? i have no idea what the fuck is going on in the evangelion series, but i still enjoy it.

has this been released in north america now?

Is this a Hammer film? I've been slowly making my way through those, when I'm in the mood. Some of them are pretty dull.

Edit: Quick check on Netflix says yes but it is currently unavailable. I'll add to saved.

yes, those are both very good Hammer films. There are a lot of shit ones as well. I have been going through them lately as well, favs so far: The Curse of the Werewolf, The Gorgon, Quatermass and the Pit (so fucking good), The Kiss of the Vampire / Kiss of Evil, The Plague of the Zombies, Rasputin: the Mad Monk, The Devil Rides Out / The Devil's Bride, To the Devil a Daughter, and The Reptile

Guest Coalbucket PI

i'll take your word for it but i know i don't need to watch this film. which might sound narrow minded, cos i can definately enjoy films with seemingly uninspiring subject matter but i don't care about facebook, the guy who thought of facebook, the guys who think they thought of facebook, drama centred around who thought of facebook, a film about facebook, talking about facebook, or anything else even remotely linked to facebook. and no, i'm not on facebook.

I couldn't think of a more boring subject for a film, but it was just a well made film and I really enjoyed it in the end. But yeah that is really narrow-minded. Why would you presume to not care about the characters in a film you haven't seen?

Incidentally I just watched Catfish which is a documentary about a guy who starts a relationship over facebook with someone who he then starts to wonder about how truthful she's being. Again I was enormously uninterested but watched it on a recommendation and it was really good. I do wonder if it was true though because it all came together so well, but who cares I suppose.

yes, those are both very good Hammer films. There are a lot of shit ones as well. I have been going through them lately as well, favs so far: The Curse of the Werewolf, The Gorgon, Quatermass and the Pit (so fucking good), The Kiss of the Vampire / Kiss of Evil, The Plague of the Zombies, Rasputin: the Mad Monk, The Devil Rides Out / The Devil's Bride, To the Devil a Daughter, and The Reptile

No The Wicker Man and The Vampire Lovers?

The Wicker Man is not Hammer, one of my favourite films though, and The Vampire Lovers is only good because of Ingrid Pitt's tits, otherwise I don't like the writing, bored me.

just finished watching all 5 seasons of the wire, so sad that there isn't more of this. it always bugged me that it always end bittersweet and the finale wasn't the exception, but i guess that's the point it's trying to make. 10/10.

just finished watching all 5 seasons of the wire, so sad that there isn't more of this. it always bugged me that it always end bittersweet and the finale wasn't the exception, but i guess that's the point it's trying to make. 10/10.

Yeah I just finished all 5 of them recently. So good.

The Vampire Lovers is only good because of Ingrid Pitt's tits, otherwise I don't like the writing, bored me.

True! Plus the bath scene in Wicker Man, Ingrid Pitt was such a milf...

Archived