IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

social network - rented it and realised i couldn't give enough of a shit to watch it.

You done fucked up there. One of the best movies Hollywood has had anything to do with for quite a while. WAY more immersive and interesting than you'd think. The dialogue is sharp as fuck and every actor knocked it out of the park. It was really refreshing.

i'll take your word for it but i know i don't need to watch this film. which might sound narrow minded, cos i can definately enjoy films with seemingly uninspiring subject matter but i don't care about facebook, the guy who thought of facebook, the guys who think they thought of facebook, drama centred around who thought of facebook, a film about facebook, talking about facebook, or anything else even remotely linked to facebook. and no, i'm not on facebook.

I couldn't think of a more boring subject for a film, but it was just a well made film and I really enjoyed it in the end. But yeah that is really narrow-minded. Why would you presume to not care about the characters in a film you haven't seen?

Incidentally I just watched Catfish which is a documentary about a guy who starts a relationship over facebook with someone who he then starts to wonder about how truthful she's being. Again I was enormously uninterested but watched it on a recommendation and it was really good. I do wonder if it was true though because it all came together so well, but who cares I suppose.

i watched catfish. the film maker guy was obviously gutted at the end, more in love with the fictitious megan than he would admit. this kind of thing must happen alot these days.

there's been some really good docs on E4 lately. morwencol last week, and one about a washed up homosexual, big cat trainer/performer the week before(can't remember the name)... tyson's on next tuesday night.

on social network - i'll probably eventually watch it when it's on tv, just not going to give up 2 of my precious hours for it at the moment.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

social network - rented it and realised i couldn't give enough of a shit to watch it.

You done fucked up there. One of the best movies Hollywood has had anything to do with for quite a while. WAY more immersive and interesting than you'd think. The dialogue is sharp as fuck and every actor knocked it out of the park. It was really refreshing.

i'll take your word for it but i know i don't need to watch this film. which might sound narrow minded, cos i can definately enjoy films with seemingly uninspiring subject matter but i don't care about facebook, the guy who thought of facebook, the guys who think they thought of facebook, drama centred around who thought of facebook, a film about facebook, talking about facebook, or anything else even remotely linked to facebook. and no, i'm not on facebook.

I couldn't think of a more boring subject for a film, but it was just a well made film and I really enjoyed it in the end. But yeah that is really narrow-minded. Why would you presume to not care about the characters in a film you haven't seen?

Incidentally I just watched Catfish which is a documentary about a guy who starts a relationship over facebook with someone who he then starts to wonder about how truthful she's being. Again I was enormously uninterested but watched it on a recommendation and it was really good. I do wonder if it was true though because it all came together so well, but who cares I suppose.

Seriously. Watch it.

Guest Z_B_Z

romper stomper - 7.5/10

a re watch. slightly worse than i remember it being, but a decent film.. russell crowe should play more more characters like this.. lets him get out his obviously innate craziness.

That movie helped my wife and I conceive a child after trying for years.

I think that says a lot, don't you? SEE IT :wtf:

i watched catfish. the film maker guy was obviously gutted at the end, more in love with the fictitious megan than he would admit. this kind of thing must happen alot these days.

i dunno, my take on it was the filmmaker dude was quite possibly gay, and that although the woman was real, he figured it out very early on and then "set up" the rest of the documentary purely for dramatic effect (and the ensuing $$)

Guest analogue wings

you mean the film maker guy with the TRAMP STAMP?

:facepalm:

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

How I Ended This Summer - 6.7/10

Not as good as some reviews had led me to believe.

Sucker punch: 6/10

Wrong on quite a few levels, but also a bit enjoyable on the side of girly action. There's also a almost valid point somewhere in the story, but I was too old and fartsy to "get" it.

you mean the film maker guy with the TRAMP STAMP?

:facepalm:

I suddenly feel compelled to watch this.

i dunno, my take on it was the filmmaker dude was quite possibly gay, and that although the woman was real, he figured it out very early on and then "set up" the rest of the documentary purely for dramatic effect (and the ensuing $$)

my gadar didn't go off at all.

Guest futuregirlfriend

He did have a tramp stamp, keltoi. Actually now I'm thinking about it, was that tramp stamp real or just a sight gag? This is the major mystery for me now. I had the same thoughts as lumpenrol on the rest of it.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

submarine 8/10

richard ayoade directorial debut. cracking. recommended to everyone. my only grumble was the music perhaps, it was ok but nothing special - i could hear fionn regan doing a better job.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440292/

the dilemma 0/10

on a plane. on vhs. holy shit. never fly delta. i haven't seen video tracking in years. oh and the film sucked. winona just disappears and he puts the puck in the net and then lol lol they hug on the ice lolz *fart*. needed rob schneider in this really.

submarine 8/10

richard ayoade directorial debut. cracking. recommended to everyone. my only grumble was the music perhaps, it was ok but nothing special - i could hear fionn regan doing a better job.

the dilemma 0/10

on a plane. on vhs. holy shit. never fly delta. i haven't seen video tracking in years. oh and the film sucked. winona just disappears and he puts the puck in the net and then lol lol they hug on the ice lolz *fart*. needed rob schneider in this really.

hahaha a chick i went to high school with is in this. she was cousin betty. was she funny?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

submarine 8/10

the dilemma 0/10

hahaha a chick i went to high school with is in this. she was cousin betty. was she funny?

she got pwnd by vince vaughn. she was good (didnt say enough to be funny) but it was one of those moments when you think "this character (vaughn) wouldnt do this"

Guest analogue wings

Year 13 Assassins is the mutt's nuts. If youve never seen "straight" Miike and you're expecting Visitor Q you might be a bit :wacko: tho.

I am always expecting Happiness of the Katakuris from Miike. Really want to see 13 ASSASSINS. I bet somebody's face gets cut off.

Guest disparaissant

the green hornet - i dunno, 6/10? 6.5/10?

started off terrible, ended acceptably. nothin special.

Guest disparaissant

and then we followed the green hornet up with super

which, okay maybe its just comparison, but 9.25/10!

tumblr_lktcckiPGN1qbliaho1_400.gif

fucked up but really quite good

Archived