IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

anchor man, (picked it up cheep a while back)- nothing special but has it's funny moments. will farrel movies are usually good for a laugh.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

movies that I could watch, but haven't yet:

-REC

-a serious man

-black swan

-chinatown

-double indemnity

-exit through the gift shop

-fantastic mr fox

-Heat(might have seen this before, can't remember)

-Let Me in(i've seen let the right one in already, didn't think it was all that special, just decent)

-machete

-prince of darkness

-scott pilgrim

-slumdog millionaire

-the game(might have seen this before, but can't remember)

-the sting

-das boot

I have all these movies downloaded and ready to watch, but there isn't one in particular that I feel like watching, somebody pick a good one for me. I've watched all the other things I've downloaded, these have just been sitting here.

-REC

-a serious man

-black swan

-chinatown

-double indemnity

-fantastic mr fox

-Let Me in(i've seen let the right one in already, didn't think it was all that special, just decent)

-machete

-prince of darkness

-scott pilgrim

-slumdog millionaire

-the sting

-das boot

I have all these movies downloaded and ready to watch, but there isn't one in particular that I feel like watching, somebody pick a good one for me. I've watched all the other things I've downloaded, these have just been sitting here.

Also, Chinatown and The Sting are classics of such high caliber. I'd devote some time to closely watch these and let them sink in.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

thor

entertaining even though i know nothing about the comic or legend

going the distance

funnier than i expected. also dirtier. was the wifes pick but it wasnt so bad

although they really needed to use the cake song in it

-REC

-a serious man

-black swan

-chinatown

-double indemnity

-fantastic mr fox

-machete

-prince of darkness

-scott pilgrim

-slumdog millionaire

-the sting

-das boot

Also, Chinatown and The Sting are classics of such high caliber. I'd devote some time to closely watch these and let them sink in.

I know, I just did this with vertigo and rear window for the first time(now I understand why hitchcock is held so highly). It really piqued my interest in what other brilliant classics I may be missing. Vertigo is seriously one of the most amazing films I have ever seen, and is now definitely in my top 5 favorites. Both of those were on imdb's top 200 or something and looked interesting. I watched black swan last night, I think I might check out one of those 2 next.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Freeleech on Karagarga in an hour or so. Suggestions, classics, oddities, must sees?

-REC

-a serious man

-black swan

-chinatown

-double indemnity

-fantastic mr fox

-machete

-prince of darkness

-scott pilgrim

-slumdog millionaire

-the sting

-das boot

A Serious Man and Black Swan are also both supposed to be very good. You should probably pass on Avatar, unless you want to see what the hype's about.

Thor - 8/10 excellent popcorn entertainment. had funny bits.

Let me in - 5/10 i mostly didn't like it. the little girl's true idenity was a :facepalm:

Terminator/Robocop - 10/10 got the chance to see a screening of these two badboys back2back.

Cinema Paradiso - 8/10 enjoyable.

Cyrus - 7/10 - This movie was akward as hell. Not the typical comedy film you'd expect from John C. Reilly and Jonah Hill. I'm really gay for Marisa Tomei :wub:

RED - 8/10 - Fun.

biutiful-poster-bardem.jpg

10/10

amazing, though probably the darkest film i've seen in ages.

That film had me by the balls from beginning to end. Loved it.

-a serious man

-chinatown

-machete

-das boot

these i can recommend!

Guest Iain C

Planet of the Apes, the 1968 original. One of my very favourite films, and indeed one of the best films ever made. Watching it with my girlfriend who'd never seen it before was a delight. You never forget your first "apes".

It's also worth noting that Charlton Heston was a very good man. These days, he tends to be remembered for his NRA presidency - but what a lot of people forget is that in the 50s and 60s, he was an active supporter of the civil rights movement. In 1961, a segregated cinema in Oklahoma was premiering his movie El Cid when it was picketed by civil rights activists. Rather than going in to watch the movie, Charlton Heston actually joined the picket line. He was a man of principle, and however much I disagree with his later politics I absolutely respect him for that. RIP Charlton Heston. Tougher than Chuck Norris could ever hope to be.

I've strayed from the point a little here, so let me just close with this - the best line ever in any movie ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idsxgLjGXGI

planet of the apes and the sequels are possibly the strangest films ever made, for me. the atmosphere they create is really strange.

i need to see trash humpers

Black Swan- it was great

It's Complicated - I watched this for some reason and all I could think the next day was how it somehow reeked of fascist propaganda. fucking bourgeoisie images of romance making me feel bad about my life

Ping Pong - 3/10 - Didn't make it more than thirty minutes into this. The editing (randomly jumping between the past and present) really put me off. I thought this film was a comedy and expected something on the level of 'Shaolin Soccer' but it's nowhere near as funny as that.

Archived