IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Bubz

big daddy (8/10) - adam sandler can always make me laugh. that is unless the movie he's in is pure shit.

what the bleep do we know (8/10) - explains quantum mechanics in terms that a ten year old can understand. quite useful seeing as it's pretty hard for most people to understand

cosm: the movie (10/10) - i fucking love alex grey. his explanation of universal mind lattice in this movie is so killer.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday 13th yesterday, and I watched it, part 1 that is. Couldn't say whether I've seen it before, wouldn't blame myself for forgetting .. cause it is a piece of crap .. How this series ever could be conceived as a contender for Nightmare On Elm Street baffles me.

what the bleep do we know (8/10) - explains quantum mechanics in terms that a ten year old can understand. quite useful seeing as it's pretty hard for most people to understand

Take everything said about QM in this documentary with a grain of salt. It's full of quantum mysticism. If you want to know about QM "What the bleep do we know" isn't the best place to start.

Guest disparaissant

watched most of due date

it was actually a LOT better than i thought it would be.

but to be fair i think robert downey jr. is p. much the epitome of sex, and i think zach galifiniakis is utterly amazing. it was def. weak in comparison to what i am used to seeing from them but i still laughed a lot. HIS DOG MASTURBATES HAW HAW HAW

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

salt 7/10

actually pretty entertaining. maybe i was just in the right mood but i could have watched another hour or this film.

the departed -- perfect premise for a high tension thriller. but my god if that wasn't the stupidest fucking ending I've seen in a long time. and then the rat??? omfg that was cringe inducing.

red white and blue - an indie drama slasher that actually works, quite affecting and very well put together aside from some editing overambition, plus some great acting by the main guy. i generally can't stand those contrivance-based dramas like those of innaritu but here it just works somehow.

im going to give a premptive review here of Hangover 2, which looks so boring from the trailer it's not even describable. i give it a 'im willing to work with a convicted rapist, but not blowhard slightly anti semetic man who's never been convicted of a felony'/10.

I didn't think it was possible but i think at this point Zach G has near zero appeal for me, maybe it's the combination of all the weird DIGITAL bronzer/airbrush effects on this recent movie posters and promo shots? Due date had one of the most ODDLY BRONZED face photos i've ever seen in my life on it's own poster

due-date-movie-poster-robert-downey-jr-zach-galifianakis1.jpg

his face practically looks like CGI

Guest analogue wings

Le Donk and Scor Zay Zee 2/10

1 point for not being American, 1 for not being by Zak Snyder

Just went to see Attack The Block. Fairly enjoyable if a bit London-centric. Nice to see Joe Cornish getting some major success though, even if it does herald the end of the Adam and Joe podcasts...

Guest bitroast

Source Code - 7ish /10

film was alright. the comparisons to groundhog day are a bit silly. it's more of an assassin's creed meets minority report kinda film. the emotional parts (love interest in psychological sci fi drama film???? unresolved father issues) felt a bit tacked on and unnecessary while watching the film, however it did come together in the end with a nice "you can go home now feeling happy" ending. was alright i guess, not great.

Black Swan - 9/10

was great.

Stalker - 8/10

was good.

Guest bitroast

Wait a minute, question about source code ending

in the film, the donnie darko main character guy avatarss his way into some tim robbins looking ordinary fella. the military are all like, yeah whatever, this tim robbins guy is dead now cos the train crashed, but you'll avatar as him to find out who planted the bomb. then, in the end, donnie darko prevents the train bombing and continues living as tim robbins. so, after the film is done, who's tim robbins? tim robbins or donnie darko??

Guest disparaissant

Steak - I'm not even sure what exactly it is that I just watched, but it was amazing. wtf/10

cave-of-forgotten-dreams.jpg

werner herzog's "cave of forgotten dreams (3D)" 9/10

Awesome flick. So simple and beautiful. Who else has seen this?

If you get a chance, definitely watch it in 3D.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

in the film, the donnie darko main character guy avatarss his way into some tim robbins looking ordinary fella. the military are all like, yeah whatever, this tim robbins guy is dead now cos the train crashed, but you'll avatar as him to find out who planted the bomb. then, in the end, donnie darko prevents the train bombing and continues living as tim robbins. so, after the film is done, who's tim robbins? tim robbins or donnie darko??

well ok so

if we're talking about multiple dimensions being created each time he goes into the "source code" then in the dimension at the end donnie's conscious mind is inside tim robbins body.

right?

the real question is where did tim robbins conscious go?

werner herzog's "cave of forgotten dreams (3D)" 9/10

Awesome flick. So simple and beautiful. Who else has seen this?

If you get a chance, definitely watch it in 3D.

It was the first sign of the coming summer as it was a beautiful sunny day, so I chose to sit in a dark cinema watching a film about a cave. Totally worth it. Herzog taking the piss out of the bloke using the spear was a personal highlight.

well ok so

if we're talking about multiple dimensions being created each time he goes into the "source code" then in the dimension at the end donnie's conscious mind is inside tim robbins body.

right?

What the fuck are you guys talking about, Tim Robbins?

The film ends with them thinking they had failed because JAKE's character actually did step outside of what they thought possible and prevented the whole train from being blown up/he had prevented the whole scenario within the film, then he was able to send a message to VERA's character to tell her how well the system actually does work and Tim Robbins was not in this film.

and your review of Stalker, pretty good? Is not very good Pigster, watch it again and again til you actually think it is better than pretty good. Because that film is amazing. IMHO

love,

Adolph

Guest bitroast

well ok so

right?

What the fuck are you guys talking about, Tim Robbins?

The film ends with them thinking they had failed because JAKE's character actually did step outside of what they thought possible and prevented the whole train from being blown up/he had prevented the whole scenario within the film, then he was able to send a message to VERA's character to tell her how well the system actually does work and Tim Robbins was not in this film.

and your review of Stalker, pretty good? Is not very good Pigster, watch it again and again til you actually think it is better than pretty good. Because that film is amazing. IMHO

love,

Adolph

Tim robbins is just a stupid way of referring to the character that JAKE assumes the role as during the eight minutes on the train. he was essentially killed off and forgotten about so JAKE coul be with the love interest and have th happy ending

Stalker is very good actually, i was a bit harsh with my eight outta ten. However, even with great lengthy scenes with the characters explaining themselves and their actions, i found it near fucken impossible to relate to or understand any of them. Still, a pretty very good film thats an aweful lot better than source code.

Guest disparaissant

straw dogs - ugh oh my god why did i watch this again it's just so fucking uggggh, one of the most visceral films ever made. it's REALLY good but just... SO unsettling.

Archived