IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

come and see - holy crap what a harrowing watch. most gritty realistic war film ever.

About time!

New rule: I don't think people should be allowed to post in my movie thread without having seen it.

i definately feel better for having seen it but ooooh my gaawwwwd hellish truthful stuff.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

The moment when Florya and Glasha are walking down the dirt road of their village and the camera nonchalantly reveals the stack of dead bodies off the side of a house *literally* made my skin crawl.

Be sure to watch the extras, too. There's a great interview with Aleksey Kravchenko. Since they were using a lot of live ammunition, he sustained permanent hearing damage as a result of making that film. You think he'd be bitter about that, but instead, he thinks making that film was the most important experience of his life.

(He was also almost killed during the dead cow scene. It almost fell on top of him...)

The moment when Florya and Glasha are walking down the dirt road of their village and the camera nonchalantly reveals the stack of dead bodies off the side of a house *literally* made my skin crawl.

Snap.

The film is fucking class.

Exit Through the Gift Shop

I don't even know how to rate this because Mr. Brainwash pisses me off so much; I remember all of his fucking ads around LA for his fucking 2008 "art show" and all the wankers getting into it because of how marketed it was, and it really made me hate living in LA at that time. I see what you're doing, Banksy, and sure, I'll have a laff with you about it, but it brings back some vile fucking memories.

Goddammit, LA.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Papillon - Pretty good.

Le Samourai - Again. Excellent. Watching for inspiration/to rip off some of Melville's moves.

Duel - Again. Very good early Spielberg TV movie.

PpSS2.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091341/

Kin-Dza-Dza russian

kin-dza-dza.jpg

I cannot express the pure sincere high that I get from (re-)watching this genius 89' russian sf/comedy movie, but what I am almost sure of is the fact that this is going to win the most idm tournament 2012 IF enough people watch it. anything I would say would surely be a spoiler, so just watch it inb4 i start spamming it

kindzadza2.png

fuck yeah. Still didnt manage to watch part two.

phase IV (again) - remember it being way better for some reason. maybe i'd forgotten the BAD acting! amazing macro-photography of the ants and the location and set give the impression of being on another planet. 70's sci-fi disaster romp without cheapo monster suits.

wow didn't know a movie existed. i loved the book.

oh, btw, Cohen's True Grit bluray is finally out. err... "out".

Snap.

The film is fucking class.

the whole following scene where they're struggling through the swamp. i thought they were going to drown and the scene seems to last forever... such an intense moment.

but it's his petrified, trauma-aged face at the end and the chaos all around him! i can't (feels like maybe i will never) get that image out of my head.

the whole following scene where they're struggling through the swamp. i thought they were going to drown and the scene seems to last forever... such an intense moment.

That's my favourite part of the film, it just perfectly highlights his hysteria and need to escape.

Unknown - Like Total Recall but in Germany instead of Mars. Has one of the funniest hacking scenes in recent movie history though. The scene with Ganz and Langella is quite nice though.

Duel - Again. Very good early Spielberg TV movie.

PpSS2.jpg

awesome movie. surprisingly unknown too

brilliant film! reminds me of christine and cujo for some reason. similar style and setting maybe.

come and see - holy crap what a harrowing watch. most gritty realistic war film ever.

About time!

New rule: I don't think people should be allowed to post in my movie thread without having seen it.

this thread made me watch it. excellent.

Guest Mirezzi

About time!

this thread made me watch it. excellent.

Nice...just recently???

come and see is one of the greatest ww2 movies ever for sure.

watched true grit last night, loved it, though the ending didn't sit right with me for some reason.

the adventures of buckaroo banzai - peter weller/10 - how did this ever get made? its utterly bonkers and brilliant.

the girl with the dragon tattoo / who played with fire / who kicked the hornets nest - ill give them a combined rating - 8/10 - seriously enjoyed the fuck out of all of these, whether the justice system over there is really that laid back and well, a bit lol - who the fuck knows but overall it kept me engaged throughout my marathon of the 3 films.

all quiet on the western front - 9/10 - still depressingly relevant, some of the best war scenes ever, this was made in 1929 ffs.

stigmata - 6/10 - not seen this for a while but i do like me a dose of gabriel byrne every now and then and patricia arquette can get on my dick nao plz

shenandoah - 8/10 - classic stewart, motherucker be rolling his own cigars! love this movie.

bad lieutenant: port of call - new orleans - cage's hair/10 - cant believe they pulled it off, loved every twisted minute of this.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

office space 10/10

saw it 10 years ago and didnt remember it being this good. maybe i've just worked in more offices now. umm yeeah

Guest yikes

gomorra-a multi layered /multi story film set in italy -released 2008-produced by marty scorcesse

low level italian thuggery in poor housing projects in naples/tale of a tailor caught up in chinese garment gangsterisms/illegal waste disposal/mobbing and robbing young gat toting coke heads

well done and entertaining/violent/fast paced well filmed and edited 7/10 recommended if you can hack sub titles or italian

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929425/

gomorra-a multi layered /multi story film set in italy -released 2008-produced by marty scorcesse

low level italian thuggery in poor housing projects in naples/tale of a tailor caught up in chinese garment gangsterisms/illegal waste disposal/mobbing and robbing young gat toting coke heads

well done and entertaining/violent/fast paced well filmed and edited 7/10 recommended if you can hack sub titles or italian

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0929425/

good film! there's a decent macintyre documentary on it too.

Guest Mirezzi

For all the shit I get around here for being a pretentious art fag, I could NOT get into Gomorrah. It was so incredibly slow and boring. If you took all the worst traits of Antonioni and Bertolucci, then put them to work on an abandoned early 80's Scorsese project, I imagine Gomorrah would be the results.

Then again, I watched Il Divo around the same time, which was an outstanding Italian film that somehow received about 10% as much attention.

Guest Mirezzi

Really? Then why every time I don't like a mainstream film do you guys say I'm a snooty, pretentious idiot who only likes European movies?

Then again, I don't know what the opposite of ART fag is...uninformed dumbass maybe? :emotawesomepm9:

Archived