IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Well you have just successfully proven that your taste in half serious summer super action films is durr durrr retarded. There was not a single scene in Thor that gave me a movie mind boner. Thor might have had less "flaws" but it never was exciting. All of the action felt distant and boring, his warrior 3 com padres were fucking 68 hundred times more lame than the worst character scenes in First Class. The only thing about Thor that wasn't mediocre or sub mediocre was the nigga guarding the portal that never got any good scenes and the some of the shots of Asgard.

Trying to give Thor any credit against First Class makes you look like a 3rd rate Dunce Cap dummy dude, sorry

First Class was an extremely entertaining and at times top shelf film. Get your panties out that knot

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(this was supposed to be an)EDIT: also this is me requesting more mystery sorts of movies. For examples of the movies that I like in genre would be blue velvet, rear window, vertigo, chinatown, twin peaks. These all feel very similar to me for some reason, I just love the tension and suspense in these movies and the mindfuck of trying to figure out what is going on. If anybody can give me recommendations based on these movies I would really appreciate it because I feel like I must be missing out on some good stuff.

The Spanish Prisoner

Lone Star

Don't Look Now

Klute

to add to that list, some decent movies like this i've seen recently

No Way Out

Basic Instinct

Frenzy

The Conversation

Shattered

Marathon Man

(2 of those star Gene Hackman and for good reason, he's awesome)

AWESOME!

thanks guys, I haven't seen any of these movies, except maybe bits of basic instinct. might have seen klute too? sounds really familiar.

Guest Mirezzi

For the last time, moderators, will you PLEASE ban this Blanket Fort Collapse idiot from my movie thread?

Let all the 14 year-olds, Maximum Mischief among them, have their own fucking tardfest of a thread.

For the last time, moderators, will you PLEASE ban this Blanket Fort Collapse idiot from my movie thread?

Let all the 14 year-olds, Maximum Mischief among them, have their own fucking tardfest of a thread.

You can't ban someone from a single thread. And even if we could we wouldn't.

oh man

:facepalm:

Guest Mirezzi

I wasn't serious.

However, that's not to say I'd quibble too much on their behalf if my (rhetorical) request was granted. :whistling:

Lumpy, don't start using that emoticon!

Yeah! Ban HIM from the thread.

actually absolutely not cause lumpy has the best movie taste as well as a writing style that is considered and not overblown with tiresome hyperbole. :facepalm:

Guest disparaissant

i got super drunk and watched arnie movies last night.

GET YO ASS TO MAAAAAAHZZZZZ

Guest Z_B_Z

capote - 8/10

i saw it when it came out but its better than i remember it being. an incredibly sad but powerful film.

i just read 'in cold blood' and aside from a few places, its very faithful. philip seymour hoffman is phenomenal.

Lumpy, don't start using that emoticon!

Dude I'm trying to save you from yourself...but don't let me stop you from arguing which is better, Thor or X Men First Class :whistling:

Just watched Burn After Reading, as a not-huge-fan of the Coen's work (particularly their "let's mock the dumb people" sense of humor which I assumed was out in full force in this film) I was pleasantly surprised. Not a great film, but entertaining. I liked how the government people were basically the rational ones, going facepalm at the antics of the little people - should be required viewing for ET. Liked Clooney's suprise machine reveal. Once Brad Pitt was out of the film I thought it went a bit flat, and the ending seemed a bit uncreative and abrupt. 8/10

Guest Z_B_Z

the master

if this is in reference to the new paul thomas anderson jesus im looking forward to it.

i need to give Capote another try....i was bored to tears the first time i watched it...but then again i was never much of a fan of Capote to begin with.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

we own the night (again) 7/10

Very underrated movie...

gotta disagree here, lots of underdeveloped characters (and there was an entertaining car chase scene somewhere?) felt very very Very heavy almost All the time. overall very dramatic when it didn't always need to be, just needed more room to breathe. i'd give it a 6 at best, but to each his own. there were also a few parts where i wanted to turn the score down, trying to enhance the suspense where the film wasn't otherwise delivering any. ahhhh well!

the master

if this is in reference to the new paul thomas anderson jesus im looking forward to it.

holy Elrond Flubber yes!

the master

Dude. You know it.

And I saw X-Men: First Class earlier this evening. I didn't think it was terrible. A lot of it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, parts of it were very clever, and on the whole, it was pretty entertaining. Better than I expected. The flaws were things that are bad about basically every superhero movie - trying to suspend your disbelief and relate to some supernatural emo whiner's feelings, and cringing the whole time.

But that's just me. I don't give a fuck about superheros, really. Kind of hard to get your hopes up too much about an X Men sequel/prequel. Come on.

(well i feel this about every movie that's made before the 80's so...)

i wouldn't go as far as 70s but 40-60s acting is what generally puts me off watching oldies

(well i feel this about every movie that's made before the 80's so...)

i wouldn't go as far as 80s but 40-60s acting is what generally puts me off watching oldies

sometimes i don't know which to blame, the acting or the writing...

Guest Mirezzi

Dude I'm trying to save you from yourself...but don't let me stop you from arguing which is better, Thor or X Men First Class :whistling:

I haven't seen either one.

Archived