IGNORED

Ae tracks that are

Guest Caustic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Autechre as a whole can't exactly be described as being average stuff. But within the world of Autechre and compared to their other works I still can't get to like Tri Repetae and compared to almost all their other stuff (even simpler, melodic releases like Incunabula and Amber) Tri Repetae just keeps on feeling average to me. I've given it chances and I will keep on doing so.

I know Autechre as a whole can't exactly be described as being average stuff. But within the world of Autechre and compared to their other works I still can't get to like Tri Repetae and compared to almost all their other stuff (even simpler, melodic releases like Incunabula and Amber) Tri Repetae just keeps on feeling average to me. I've given it chances and I will keep on doing so.

It was one of the last albums to fully click with me as well. Just give it some time and listen to it in the appropriate setting. It's not a very energetic album and relies quite heavily on atmosphere and melody to achieve the desired effect. Think of it as being in a trance. I find it's a good album to listen to during a long drive or bus ride, specifically in the morning.

Try not to go into it pining for the beaty fast tracks like Clipper and Eutow, as they are pretty awesome tracks but if you anticipate them too much it will ruin the effect of the album.

Hope that helps

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Spittal

How has nobody mentioned "Outpt" yet?

It's the only Autechre song I would even consider skipping through 'cause it's just so damn long and repetitive.

How has nobody mentioned "Outpt" yet?

It's the only Autechre song I would even consider skipping through 'cause it's just so damn long and repetitive.

I greatly prefer it to Maphive6.1.

Archived