IGNORED

Jega - Variance

Bubba69

oh yeah you are right... oops. I thought it said something about it being on variance though. On the leak version that I have it is just called "theme"

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pilcat

sheeeit, i just grabbed that img link from the planet mu site, it had one of those "?size=350x350" things tacked onto it and the board complained about dynamic links so i cut the parameter off and...BAM full res cover...damn.

i wonder if this can be done with other cover pic links on the site...*wanders off*

Guest Pilcat

yeah, i figure the second one is for the inside or back, or maybe because it's a 2 cd, it's one of those gate-fold things and it goes on the "inner cover"

ooooh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firefunker4

So at what point do people actually wake up and say-- ummm, for all the hype Jega himself promoted for years (remember when he publicly declared that his new music would make Squarepusher sound like shit), this is total FAIL.

I would like to read that about Squarepusher

by the samples of the new Jega album actually they sound a LOT better than the last Squarepusher album, maybe he had a vision of the future

Okay that's fairly fresh but the SEGA font is outrageously ugly. Plus why make a lame SEGA pun on the cover of what seems to be an otherwise "serious album"? One man's opinion ...

Guest maddestmax

If I was to compare I would say this sounds a bit like Kettel but not really like Clark.

The constant changes of the cover on the Planet Mu site are a strange thing.

And I must say I don't really like the SEGA font that much either. I assume its trying

to acheive a 90s electronics kind of asthetic along with the rough polygonal look of

the rendering. The rendering would work by itself though and it would all look better

with a nice clean font for both artist and title. imho.

agreed, they sound underwhelming and rushed on jega's part, especially some of the new samples. I think he should have just gone with an expanded on version of the old variance.

the Sega font is fine. nothing wrong w/ that. that last cover is the best i've seen so far. maybe it'll be one of those chose your own album cover things al la Beck Sea Change or something.

I prefered the version without dblue glitch all over it. Sorry :(

i forgot who but some watmm member thought i was just being a dick when i made this claim after his Breezeblock set. glad someone else had the ears to notice!

I think he should have just gone with an expanded on version of the old variance.

or perhaps made some new tracks and called it a new lp?

Guest tibbar

love that final cover... the hair and sheet are beautiful. i like the sega font acutally. some interesting references stylistically to things that are kinda "post-jega"... little bit of boc, some clark, a dubstep pause or two... interesting. a little CLEAN for my tastes... but i think this might be a pretty special album.

although, im not one of these people who had the boot, so... i dont know how it compares

Guest Pilcat

maybe the cover's gonna keep varying :angry:

tho i must say coming from an amateur 3d artist, i really like the latest one.

Guest Romhotep

Seems to me like we've just been getting to see the cover artwork going through developmental stages until it was finished now.

Archived