IGNORED

Jega - Variance

Bubba69

what the fuck. went to amoeba. indeed, august 25th.

talk about horrible business decision. pretty much guaranteed that it will be heavily pirated in US.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Joebot Kill

yup. it keeps growing on me. still like the first part more, but im definitely coming around to the vibe of the second half as well. latinhypercube is pretty awesome. i agree, there are some super boc moments... sakura is pretty bocish. i love it. and yeah fuck that shit about the US release date. i just ordered the vinyl off of boomkat, couldnt wait.

Second time I've listened to this all the way through and it's really growing on me. I actually think this may be the first IDM album I have loved since Quaristice.

Guest Joebot Kill

Second time I've listened to this all the way through and it's really growing on me. I actually think this may be the first IDM album I have loved since Quaristice.

i like this more than quaristice.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

Just completed my first full listen. Antiphon and Aerodynamic are the songs I really noticed and liked the most; the rest is good but I didn't notice anything spectacular.

Will definitely buy this one.

Some of the disc 2 tracks made me think I was listening to a Schematic record.

Disc 1 sounded to me like Wisp - Aphex - Squarepusher = Jega

Disc One is my favorite electronic in a long time. Like, it's actually embracing much of what I love about electronic music, instead of sounding like amateur hour where I'm kind of like "Yeah but this could be so much better." It's like Jega knows what he's doing.

Anyway I need to explore disc two much more, but so far everything sounds good. Some mindblowing moments and some calming but still mindblowing moments. All around great composing.

only listened once, but imo the first half is freakin' grand, the second half however is a little self-indulgent - a bit too much pointless beat fuckery. guess i'm not into jega enough to like that stuff!

Guest Joebot Kill

only listened once, but imo the first half is freakin' grand, the second half however is a little self-indulgent - a bit too much pointless beat fuckery. guess i'm not into jega enough to like that stuff!

I agree. But it's weird because i loved the beat fuckery tracks on geometry. it's not that these are bad, but the first disc is a hard act to follow.

oh wow it's so hard to believe I'm actually listening to this album. I didn't listen to any of the samples, so I dunno if those gave away that hydrodynamic was acid from the demo leak. that was a fun moment of realization. this is easily the best thing jega has ever done. so goddamn focused and accomplished. I've always liked jega but there were always these stagnant moments for me on spectrum and geometry. but this just feels like constant momentum. its nice to see such a knowledge of the cool shit in rhythm, without the need to make sure people could be dancing. not enough of that anymore.

the 2nd disc of this is awesome, i had a not to great of impression of it after only listening to disc 1, but i take back if i said anything horrible about the album i think it's pretty good!

Hydrodynamic reminds me of a next generation Drukqs track

The album is great... the only problem I have is that it all seems to blend together. I appreciate the tracks much more when I listen to them individually than as a whole!

• 2 weeks later...

CD is out here (Boston, USA). I bought it and am listening now. It's really great! I wasn't totally into the clips or the MAH session so this is a pleasant surprise. Is good.

I get tired of the UK/US delay sometimes...I know, I know, I could just steal it but I've had enough of W32's and whatnot so my p2p is minimal. It'll be here on Friday for me but I hate that "grass is greener" effect. I'm sure Chavs can't wait for the new Roc-a-Wear shit to hit UK shores while we have it on tap in my city. Likewise, I wait a good 1-2 months to get releases and there's no good record shops around.

it's been available for purchase as an mp3 the same time UK people had it available. Sure the physical release came out a month before, but what's stopping you from buying the mp3s somewhere?

Archived