IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AOOproductions

I actually felt The Tuss was the most obvious progression from Drukqs and as much as a drukqs two as were gonna get. Between Analord and The Tuss you can tell his attention for detail is the same as it was with drukqs it's just he's going back to more melodies and such.

Guest tv_party
I reckon we'll see a SAW III on Warp and a new Aphex Acid Banger on Rephlex.

jus sayin

It's hardly like he needs the money.

this economy could have kicked him in the nuts like it has everyone else and he needs to make some loot.

I reckon we'll see a SAW III on Warp and a new Aphex Acid Banger on Rephlex.

jus sayin

It's hardly like he needs the money.

this economy could have kicked him in the nuts like it has everyone else and he needs to make some loot.

Let's say he plays 10 gigs a year at an average of £40,000 an hour.

Rich.

/end

I'd vouch he'd give Warp a few hours of ambient washes he made in his garden and save the banging brain melting acid for his own hijinks.

I'd like to hear SAW III anyhow. Thanks for listening, goodbye.

Guest Caustic

hmm SAW III

Yeah it'd be new Aphex, but the actual music wouldn't be as "new" as it was back then, would it?

Like everyone said, treading old ground.

hmm SAW III

Yeah it'd be new Aphex, but the actual music wouldn't be as "new" as it was back then, would it?

gotta disagree on that one: was SAWII just retreading of SAW95? no, it was quite different

who knows if SAWIII would sound anything like SAWII... AFX is very good at approaching old ideas from new angles

everybody think 'ambient tuss' as hard as you can and perhaps it will come true

how about Time Life Presents: 50 IDM Classics, The Essential Collection.

order now and we'll throw in some old shit by flahbulb and cylob on a bonus disk!

Guest Caustic
hmm SAW III

gotta disagree on that one: was SAWII just retreading of SAW95? no, it was quite different

who knows if SAWIII would sound anything like SAWII... AFX is very good at approaching old ideas from new angles

everybody think 'ambient tuss' as hard as you can and perhaps it will come true

alright fair point man. i'm not objecting to any new ambient material.

im just saying i don't know where he'd be able to go next with the ambient thing.

first it was lush beat heavy ambient techno, then moody beatless trax. plus all the mid-range, mid-genre ambientish stuff he's filled releases with since then. i dunno. we'll have to see.

tuss had that really weird universal sound to it.

could best describe it as: analogue, glistening, rubbery, plastic coated no corners acid.

so basically all the tuss tracks without the drums would be pretty sweet.

oh and reverb.

ambient is a really broad term haha, its quite hard to pinpoint where it begins and ends in music.

Guest Caustic

Surfing on Selected Bubblebath Classics From Mars Because Daddy Richard Knobs Drukqs Chosen Edge for Cash.

or SOSBCFMBDRKDCEFC for short.

SOSBCFMBDRKDCEFC vol II coming 2014.

a nice mid-tempo ambientish album full of lush melodies, deep bass, intricacte drums and amusing fart like noises in the style of goodbye rute and the unreleased manchester track.

hell yeah, i can't wait

Archived