IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no doubt that Richard was affected in some way. His wealth is most certainly invested in money markets and mutual funds to some extent; maybe some stocks--I mean, he wouldn't be being a very smart rich person if he didn't. His investments would've been cut just like everybody else's--some people saw their worth cut in half.

He is a smart person and clearly doesn't pull "MC Hammer"s because we'd hear about bankruptcy/synth liquidation/etc. and suddenly compilations and shit would show up! "RDJ Plays For You His Greatest Hits on Prepared Piano." But I wouldn't discount the idea that the increased gigging and possibly the New Deal brokered with Warp is his way to bolster some losses and create a bangin' legacy for his kid and lady. What other synth could he possibly want that he doesn't already have?! It's somewhat maddening because he is untouchable economically--there will never be a recession or depression for Aphex Twin. People would scrounge their last dime and festivals will always clamor for his top billing.

you should write a biopic about AFX, you know like Ali or Walk the line

Guest Kenneth172
There is no doubt that Richard was affected in some way. His wealth is most certainly invested in money markets and mutual funds to some extent; maybe some stocks--I mean, he wouldn't be being a very smart rich person if he didn't. His investments would've been cut just like everybody else's--some people saw their worth cut in half.

He is a smart person and clearly doesn't pull "MC Hammer"s because we'd hear about bankruptcy/synth liquidation/etc. and suddenly compilations and shit would show up! "RDJ Plays For You His Greatest Hits on Prepared Piano." But I wouldn't discount the idea that the increased gigging and possibly the New Deal brokered with Warp is his way to bolster some losses and create a bangin' legacy for his kid and lady. What other synth could he possibly want that he doesn't already have?! It's somewhat maddening because he is untouchable economically--there will never be a recession or depression for Aphex Twin. People would scrounge their last dime and festivals will always clamor for his top billing.

Well, he's supposedly got a new album coming out this year and with this 20 years of Warp thing, the timing is right that he starts to make more public appearances to build up the buzz again surrounding Aphex. Maybe he's not as minted as people think he is though? All the rumour-mongering seems to snowball his perceived wealth. Now he's a multi-millionairre...

Well, I know for a fact he owns a synthi 100 and a gx-1 so he must have some dough. Plus enough to own a house. I saw rich put his gx-1 on vemia auction and quickly take it off. So who knows. If he needs the money you'll see some major truck size rare synths for sale in England.. I know that Grant is selling his Eml 400 300 100 to help with his new house and family.

Guest David R James
I know that Grant is selling his Eml 400 300 100 to help with his new house and family.

How do know this stuff? I think i remember thread once when u said about grants Eml

Guest Drahken

Lol watmm, someone told me that Aphex's new album was going to be cut onto a marble 12" and when I asked them they said they heard it on some 'music makers' site.

Guest Glass Plate
Well, I know for a fact he owns a synthi 100 and a gx-1 so he must have some dough. Plus enough to own a house. I saw rich put his gx-1 on vemia auction and quickly take it off. So who knows. If he needs the money you'll see some major truck size rare synths for sale in England.. I know that Grant is selling his Eml 400 300 100 to help with his new house and family.

what? I have heard about none of this!

he put his gx-1 on vemia? how recent was that?

Lol watmm, someone told me that Aphex's new album was going to be cut onto a marble 12" and when I asked them they said they heard it on some 'music makers' site.

marbled vinyl, perhaps...

lol

Guest tompty

yeah that was a recent vemia, if im not mistaken actually the last vemia past in november.

they said on the homepage before the rooms opened that one will be up for auction but very quickly was taken off saying the owner couldlnt bear to leave it. Also mentioning the owner was a very long lasting and trusted vemia member.

so jarg, aphex.

if anyone hasnt checked out the vemia auctions go to www.spheremusic.com ther eis some really wicked stuff this year.

btw, did anyone see that heavily modded 606 up last year? The description said there were only 5 of them ever made , aphex owning two with a quote from aphex saying something like "save yourself the time soldering and treat yoruself to it"

vemia definartlly wouldnt have put that up unless aphex had said it.

Guest Drahken

marbled vinyl, perhaps...

"Finally, someone is having the balls to release on the best format for audio reproduction ever--marble. It takes a neutron laser to cut the grooves so all pressings are done at the Tianwan-2 reactor in Lianyunyang, China to cope with the energy demands. A cobalt stylus is needed to play the record and since there is only one manufacturer out of Zaire--a major cobalt producer--a cartridge runs $1,000 USD.

The response from a marble record is unparalleled and seems to exceed standard measurement tools' ability to measure the fidelity. But that's not why Rephlex is interested. Always in the business of encouraging new and original copies of their music, they also like the small amount of radiation imbued by the laser during engraving. While not harmful to the record purchaser, it is fatally damaging to all computer and sound recording equipment. Listeners run the risk of destroying their hard earned if they attempt to FLAC this release like they're used to.

Furthermore, within 5 plays, the cobalt and marble interactions result in an intense amount of heat that degrades the grooves beyond listenability. Regarding this issue, Grant said, "Well, everyone's proper chuffed over Richard's music innit so we want to encourage the purchase of multiple copies that listeners can use to sort out how many times they want to listen to it. We hope the average punter will do two. Someone who is well posh would want to do more so they can be sure they're enjoying a new and original copy all over again."

So, what's the damage on the new album "Konklaver" by AFX? A princely sum of $6,400 USD gets you the 12" marble release inside of a reinforced steel case covered in alpaca hide and fur. Well, I know the lot of you are thinking what I'm thinking and are brushing up on your French and Kikongo to order those cartridges! The googly-eyed ginger genius has done it again fellas!"

Guest moo duck
The new album will be a pleasant surprise for all of you.

I've heard it'll be dubstep.

rules the read!

Archived