IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

Like I said before, my bird only mentions "a new sound", so that can be taken many different ways. It's Richard though, so whatever he releases, you can be assured it will be unique and unlike anything he's done before.

"Aphex Twin plays Erik Satie on Banjo, Vol 1"

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chunky

Warp20 and this hoping that Aphex Twin bothers to give Warp an album one day seem like acts of desperation. The impression Warp give off is that they only care about money and they're desperate for it. They're probably laying off staff because of the credit crunch which would be really sad for them, but creatively Warp deserve to fail as a business because they have failed us by releasing dozens of shit rock music records over the last 10 years.

Warp earned their reputation for putting out amazing electronic music and taking gambles on unconventional, hardly known artists and treating them well. The gamble paid off but they've leeched off the careers of geniuses like Aphex Twin and Squarepusher for far too long. They lost the good sense that took a gamble on those geniuses. For the last 10 years Warp have been the trend followers, not the trend setters.

What would a new Aphex Twin album on Warp offer? Great music, sure. What is a kid who pays for that record going ask? Probably "This is great, I had better check out all the other stuff on Warp Records! Great label!". What's he going to get? !!!, Grizzly Bear, I could go on but I feel really sad for that kid. Fuck man, what would he get if he bought a vinyl from Rephlex? A fucking education in electronic music! Ceephax, Wisp, 808 State, DMX Krew, Ovuca, etc And when that kid puts his music on his myspace, it wont have any shitty guitars on it!

Fuck Warp, they only care about money these days, let it die. The future of electronic music is in creative electronic music not money grubbing. Let's stop deifying these desperately money mad businessmen and let's make our own electronic music culture stronger.

:devil: post-910-1236973140_thumb.jpg

I've heard rumours that this will NOT follow in his recent Tuss/Analord-style sounds...

by golly, what the konk will he think of next?

Guest chunky

just in case there actually is a new album coming:

p-mu board ppl went to the rephlex new year's party and they reckon grant rephlex was spinning amazing DSPish stuff in the early hours of the morn'

and there was loads of free booze :devil:

Warp20 and this hoping that Aphex Twin bothers to give Warp an album one day seem like acts of desperation. The impression Warp give off is that they only care about money and they're desperate for it. They're probably laying off staff because of the credit crunch which would be really sad for them, but creatively Warp deserve to fail as a business because they have failed us by releasing dozens of shit rock music records over the last 10 years.

Warp earned their reputation for putting out amazing electronic music and taking gambles on unconventional, hardly known artists and treating them well. The gamble paid off but they've leeched off the careers of geniuses like Aphex Twin and Squarepusher for far too long. They lost the good sense that took a gamble on those geniuses. For the last 10 years Warp have been the trend followers, not the trend setters.

What would a new Aphex Twin album on Warp offer? Great music, sure. What is a kid who pays for that record going ask? Probably "This is great, I had better check out all the other stuff on Warp Records! Great label!". What's he going to get? !!!, Grizzly Bear, I could go on but I feel really sad for that kid. Fuck man, what would he get if he bought a vinyl from Rephlex? A fucking education in electronic music! Ceephax, Wisp, 808 State, DMX Krew, Ovuca, etc And when that kid puts his music on his myspace, it wont have any shitty guitars on it!

Fuck Warp, they only care about money these days, let it die. The future of electronic music is in creative electronic music not money grubbing. Let's stop deifying these desperately money mad businessmen and let's make our own electronic music culture stronger.

:devil: warprecords.jpg

just in case there actually is a new album coming:

p-mu board ppl went to the rephlex new year's party and they reckon grant rephlex was spinning amazing DSPish stuff in the early hours of the morn'

and there was loads of free booze :devil:

There is a new album coming... I first heard late last year that 2009 was going to be the window for a new release, and recently the same info that was posted on the BBC website - so it's happening, unless something gets in the way of that, but I couldn't imagine what could (well, I could, but that could stop any release).

I don't think WARP is money-mad; I don't think they saw moneybags with these new indie-rock artists they've recently signed, either - I think it was the same old WARP doing innovative stuff, just in the wrong direction (who knows, WARP obviously have been having some measure of success with the recent signings, otherwise they wouldn't continue the trend, unless they've now realized it was a failure and are moving back to their electronic roots) perhaps.

Hopefully 2009 marks a return to form for all the labels out there, and we, as the listeners, benefit from some amazing music not yet heard or realized before.

Wow !

I just booked my tickets for the paris event...

Today is a good day for all of us

We know for sure that the whole bunch of us will have a smile on the face for the rest of the day / night

(night smilling, pretty good uh ? )

hey, gravenhurst, battles, flying lotus, and some others i'm too lazy to think of right now are good stuff. just not to the taste of a lot of narrow-minded neckbearded idm nerds.

and then we have maximo park. :mellow:

(who i must admit were good fun live, plus they had cloudscape from koyaanisqatsi as their intro music)

*warp*

How bout a new album Richard?

*rdj*

No.

*warp*

Please?

*rdj*

No. Fuck off.

*warp*

Please! We are going to fold and die if we can't sell your record!

*rdj*

Fold and die then.

*warp*

C'mon. We'll give you tons of money.

*rdj*

No. I don't need the money and if I did, I'd make more releasing it on my own label.

*warp*

OK. How bout we release your record and give you %100 of the earnings we make on it and suck you off every day for the rest of your life?

*rdj*

(thinks)

It's a deal... but you have to swallow.

*warp*

Deal! Thank you, thank you, thank you... (sucking sound ensues).

*warp*

*rdj*

No.

*warp*

Please?

*rdj*

No. Fuck off.

*warp*

*rdj*

Fold and die then.

*warp*

*rdj*

No. I don't need the money and if I did, I'd make more releasing it on my own label.

*warp*

OK. How bout we release your record and give you %100 of the earnings we make on it and suck you off every day for the rest of your life?

*rdj*

(thinks)

*warp*

You're probably not far off from the truth:

“Then I’ll go onto my knees and thank him and then we’ll put it out.”

Guest HokusPoker
*warp*

*rdj*

No.

*warp*

Please?

*rdj*

No. Fuck off.

*warp*

*rdj*

Fold and die then.

*warp*

*rdj*

*warp*

*rdj*

(thinks)

*warp*

Hm.

BUT: I'm gonna open a beer now, just for you, Mr. Aphex Twin and Mr. Warp and Mr. New Record and... ... :cry:

Guest hahathhat

i take it they thought your demo was "too risky"? :rolleyes:

Somebody post some fucking info on the NYC Warp20 show, i can't find a date or artist list anywhere..

Guest JohnTqs
Somebody post some fucking info on the NYC Warp20 show, i can't find a date or artist list anywhere..

well there probably is no artist list as of yet, but i am wondering myself when tickets will become available.

Archived