IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest spraaaa

i heard that rephlex will very soon be releasing an announcement of a release date for a release date announcement sometime in 2008-2009

Guest hahathhat
i hope he brings back some HAB sounds, HAB mixed with Tuss would be cool

i would be interested in having an SBC (Scented Bathroom Candle) to provide a compliment to my HAB (Hangable Auto Bulb) because my tuss really smells.

Guest uelogy
<--I wanna celebrate, but can't until I know he's not fucking around...Just don't wanna get my hopes up for another Smojphace(1 song) release..

Anybody else out there who's a little bit fearful???

inddddeeed

Guest bitroast

yeah, im looking forward to this more than anything and it makes me real happy to hear even the slightest bit of news. im not gonna get too excited until more news comes about, but until then its nice to know something should be coming.

except..this is only warp saying they are going to release an album. who knows how keen richard actually is to release a new (proper) album on warp. although it's hard to imagine richard releasing something he's not proud of under the Aphex Twin alias on warp.

totally hoping all is sorted out and there's no silly business or anything.. and we can get our new aphex twin album :):)

I've heard rumours that this will NOT follow in his recent Tuss/Analord-style sounds...

can you clear things up about warp and aphex?

i kept hearing that his contract was over, he wasn't going to release another album on warp anymore, and that he wasn't allowed to use the Aphex Twin pseudonym anymore...

i'm confuzzled

AFX --> Analord

Tuss --> Rushup Edge

Aphex Twin --> RDJ album, ICBYD, Drukqs etc.

AFX --> Analord 1 to 11 except Analord 10 / Aphex Twin --> Analord 10 :angry:

Guest aphexvancouver

Very exciting news!!!!

The only thing I find a bit confusing ( maybe not) is why many peeps want to see Richard go back to older type material ( as much as I love it myself) but to me Richard doing a brand new Aphex Twin album makes me want him to go where no one else (including himself ofcourse) has gone. After 8 years of a "proper" Aphex Twin album ( last one being Druqks in 2001) I personally want Innovation to the max because thats what the Aphex of the 90s was all about....pushing the envelope as much as possible. Would love to see him do it once again before this decade of (generally) boring music is over......

I find it hard to imagine Aphex moving away from the tuss/analord style tracks he has made within the last few years. I think if this were to be a completely new sound then I hope some of his trademark techniques that make him the musician he is today would still be applied to the music he makes. Anyway, we all know it's going to be something "quite good".

Very exciting news!!!!

The only thing I find a bit confusing ( maybe not) is why many peeps want to see Richard go back to older type material ( as much as I love it myself) but to me Richard doing a brand new Aphex Twin album makes me want him to go where no one else (including himself ofcourse) has gone. After 8 years of a "proper" Aphex Twin album ( last one being Druqks in 2001) I personally want Innovation to the max because thats what the Aphex of the 90s was all about....pushing the envelope as much as possible. Would love to see him do it once again before this decade of (generally) boring music is over......

It's not as easy anymore. Too much has been done already, I don't see with what he could come up that really revolutionizes music, considering everything that is out nowadays. We'll see anyway, but I would be happy if he delivers more material in the same quality as Drukqs.

Guest David R James
On Saturday the 14th of March 2009, Aphex Twin and Florian Hecker destroyed music.

Phenomenal.

How about someone uploading some footage of this already?

Considering bloc hasnt even finished yet i dont think anyone really gives a shit about uploading any footage, i know i wouldnt.

It will be his take on hip-hop, inadvertently thrusting him back into mainstream conciousness, from which he will withdraw again indefinately.

Guest hahathhat
It will be his take on hip-hop, inadvertently thrusting him back into mainstream conciousness, from which he will withdraw again indefinately.

u pulling our taffy m8??

didn't the same guy said exactly the same thing around this time last year? don't get your hopes up.

I don't think that was me. Im not telling anyone to get their hopes up either, its a personal opinion. I am genuinely having a hard time summing up the gig. It was mayhem. A brilliantly calculated descent into mesmeric carnage. Last Rushup 10 was in there somewhere and a load of fantastic new tracks at the beginning, I was sort of front middle and the system was mindblowing, easily the loudest gig I have been to. There was a lot of hard dance, I think he played 'Entrance to Exit' and much more along those lines. Him and Hecker worked seamlessly, from what I could distinguish Hecker was much more active towards the end of the set.

The end was where the genius of it really hit home. The climax was a full onslaught of hypnotic noise for about forty minutes, the crowd was going completely insane. Horrendous graphic projections of bodies being dismantled by a Mortician, peeling the faces down off the skull, glueing eyes and yanking out glistening organs. The visuals were fantastic throughout.

I'm missing loads out, more will emerge no doubt. And I myself would love to hear a recording of it but unless it was a soundboard copy it is going to be impossible to make much of it.

There is a lot more I could write but this is a very general review. Ill post more when I have recovered a little. There are going to be plenty of pictures and there were a few cameras around. But for now in my humble opinion I feel he has reclaimed the summit, easily one of the best (and most memorable) live performances I am ever likely to see.

Very nice to return home to find a thread about his new album.

:yeah:

we will be able to finally buy the official aphex sandpaper. after all these years... thank you dicky

bestnick ever

didn't the same guy said exactly the same thing around this time last year? don't get your hopes up.

I don't think that was me. Im not telling anyone to get their hopes up either, its a personal opinion. I am genuinely having a hard time summing up the gig. It was mayhem. A brilliantly calculated descent into mesmeric carnage. Last Rushup 10 was in there somewhere and a load of fantastic new tracks at the beginning, I was sort of front middle and the system was mindblowing, easily the loudest gig I have been to. There was a lot of hard dance, I think he played 'Entrance to Exit' and much more along those lines. Him and Hecker worked seamlessly, from what I could distinguish Hecker was much more active towards the end of the set.

The end was where the genius of it really hit home. The climax was a full onslaught of hypnotic noise for about forty minutes, the crowd was going completely insane. Horrendous graphic projections of bodies being dismantled by a Mortician, peeling the faces down off the skull, glueing eyes and yanking out glistening organs. The visuals were fantastic throughout.

I'm missing loads out, more will emerge no doubt. And I myself would love to hear a recording of it but unless it was a soundboard copy it is going to be impossible to make much of it.

There is a lot more I could write but this is a very general review. Ill post more when I have recovered a little. There are going to be plenty of pictures and there were a few cameras around. But for now in my humble opinion I feel he has reclaimed the summit, easily one of the best (and most memorable) live performances I am ever likely to see.

Etch, was the unreleased track from the manchester gig played?

i was talking about the warp guy. he gave an interview with some french magazine or something last year and said there would be new aphex on warp that year. maybe it was even two years ago.

Archived