IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

It will be his take on hip-hop, inadvertently thrusting him back into mainstream conciousness, from which he will withdraw again indefinately.

Wait, didn't I just say that?

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Glass Plate

I've said that joke so many times..

also this means nothing, there are news things like this for The Avalanches all the time, and still nothing is out.

Etch, was the unreleased track from the manchester gig played?

No. Nothing near that mellow. As far as I could tell except for the two Tuss tracks (slightly different versions) it was entirely new material.

There were a couple of tracks that were definite candidates for the release. A couple of very Tuss-like catchy acid hooks. And some entirely new pieces.

What is really hard for me to convey was the scale of the production. It was an elaborate and structured performace, relentless and very live. I was very sceptical and cynical in the build up to the set, Im not some wide eyed fanboy. I didnt quite know what to make of Hecker and I was concerned about the impact he would have. I just wanted to see Aphex. But it worked.

i hope he brings back some HAB sounds, HAB mixed with Tuss would be cool

i would be interested in having an SBC (Scented Bathroom Candle) to provide a compliment to my HAB (Hangable Auto Bulb) because my tuss really smells.

Get a "Dick Douche Penile Cleansing Wrag" my son.

Guest Kenneth172
Joyrex has already a preview and said "it's quite good" according to Richard.

please don't turn this into another konklaver thread.

You're telling me???! You're one of the number one contributors to that shite!

sorry mate, i wasn't pinning you down.

i just really don't like that thread.

Cool. Me neither. Glad I'm not alone.

Guest Kenneth172
Very exciting news!!!!

The only thing I find a bit confusing ( maybe not) is why many peeps want to see Richard go back to older type material ( as much as I love it myself) but to me Richard doing a brand new Aphex Twin album makes me want him to go where no one else (including himself ofcourse) has gone. After 8 years of a "proper" Aphex Twin album ( last one being Druqks in 2001) I personally want Innovation to the max because thats what the Aphex of the 90s was all about....pushing the envelope as much as possible. Would love to see him do it once again before this decade of (generally) boring music is over......

Exactly. Going over old territory (i.e. Drukqs, Analord, Tuss) would be a big disappointment. I'd like to hear something radically different now.

i spoke to richard recently and i can assure you that we will have not 1 but 2 releases from him real soon , one on rephlex and one on warp :-)

one will be unreleased old stuff and the other new stuff, one aphex one tuss

I thought you were in OZ?

But, if that's the case, then that means my info was more regarding the Rephlex release and not the WARP one... but surely he'd do something under AFX/The Tuss on Rephlex, unless it's a new alias.

Need to hear this Machester gig stuff - I bet it contains some of the new material, or at least gives us a hint of what's to come...

I heard from a gibbon that the Warp release can only be listened to when you get the serial number that comes bundled with the Rephlex release. You have to register your album. Warp are well pissed off. Its to make sure it doesn't leak or something.

Guest David R James
I heard from a gibbon that the Warp release can only be listened to when you get the serial number that comes bundled with the Rephlex release. You have to register your album. Warp are well pissed off. Its to make sure it doesn't leak or something.

I dont believe u but that would a right fucking lol, and i would happely go along with it :laughing:

I've heard rumours that this will NOT follow in his recent Tuss/Analord-style sounds...

can you clear things up about warp and aphex?

i kept hearing that his contract was over, he wasn't going to release another album on warp anymore, and that he wasn't allowed to use the Aphex Twin pseudonym anymore...

i'm confuzzled

Yeah, someone post some credible links to proper information. The only time I've ever heard anything regarding this is on messageboards.

Well seeing as AFX will probably just be putting out his best tracks he hasn't released since drukqs... especially since a new release is in the works "sometime this year" or within the year or so... and thats not enough time to compose tracks for an official AFX release. Then we will see just how great these unreleased tracks everyone speaks of are!

Unless he somehow does record all new material. But I doubt it. Im actually more excited to see the album cover sadly.

Considering he has hundreds of hours of unreleased material, he shouldn't have any trouble piecing something good together if he needs to (which he probably doesn't).

So whats going to be the 200th release for rephlex? Wisp LP?

Wisp is CAT195. I don't think 200 has been announced yet.

My excitement will remain mild until some specifics have been released.

Archived