IGNORED

new aphex twin album

Guest IRARI

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard rumours that this will NOT follow in his recent Tuss/Analord-style sounds...

can you clear things up about warp and aphex?

i kept hearing that his contract was over, he wasn't going to release another album on warp anymore, and that he wasn't allowed to use the Aphex Twin pseudonym anymore...

i'm confuzzled

Yeah, someone post some credible links to proper information. The only time I've ever heard anything regarding this is on messageboards.

Well seeing as AFX will probably just be putting out his best tracks he hasn't released since drukqs... especially since a new release is in the works "sometime this year" or within the year or so... and thats not enough time to compose tracks for an official AFX release. Then we will see just how great these unreleased tracks everyone speaks of are!

Unless he somehow does record all new material. But I doubt it. Im actually more excited to see the album cover sadly.

Considering he has hundreds of hours of unreleased material, he shouldn't have any trouble piecing something good together if he needs to (which he probably doesn't).

So whats going to be the 200th release for rephlex? Wisp LP?

Wisp is CAT195. I don't think 200 has been announced yet.

My excitement will remain mild until some specifics have been released.

You're not likely to see/read anything 'official' about the whole WARP/Richard/Warner debacle - and for good legal reasons. I don't quite buy a release of "older unreleased material" as traditionally, Richard moves forward rather than looks back, unless it's for a reissue like SOSW that had those two extra tracks for the 2001 reissue (funny story behind those I've told before), or it's stuff he started working on long ago, and revisited for a current release.

I'm sure as WARP get closer to an official announcement, we'll see mention of it pop up elsewhere soon.

Richard moves forward rather than looks back,

I was under the impressed he was on like a 3 year delay with releasing his material which is why the stuff on both Tuss releases was around 3 years old when it came out

Richard moves forward rather than looks back,

I was under the impressed he was on like a 3 year delay with releasing his material which is why the stuff on both Tuss releases was around 3 years old when it came out

With the large gaps in time between releases, some of the material that ends up on an album can be years old, or just created within a short time span. He always told me he prefers to release newer material though, as in the stuff he's currently working on (if it fits the release).

With the large gaps in time between releases, some of the material that ends up on an album can be years old, or just created within a short time span. He always told me he prefers to release newer material though, as in the stuff he's currently working on (if it fits the release).

Another demonstration on how he bullshits all the time on interviews, since he has mentioned several times how he always released stuff that sounded dated to him because it is too ahead of its own time.

You're not likely to see/read anything 'official' about the whole WARP/Richard/Warner debacle - and for good legal reasons. I don't quite buy a release of "older unreleased material" as traditionally, Richard moves forward rather than looks back, unless it's for a reissue like SOSW that had those two extra tracks for the 2001 reissue (funny story behind those I've told before), or it's stuff he started working on long ago, and revisited for a current release.

I'm sure as WARP get closer to an official announcement, we'll see mention of it pop up elsewhere soon.

could we hear the funny story again? i dont know it :embrassed:

Guest AOOproductions

Another demonstration on how he bullshits all the time on interviews, since he has mentioned several times how he always released stuff that sounded dated to him because it is too ahead of its own time.

haha OK RICHARD :ok: your a genius and all, but lets be serious...

So if he thinks it will hopefully make it out this year... does that mean we probably won't see anything till the end of 2009?

I really don't like how Warp is handling this, saying there's something but giving us absolutely nothing concrete.

"Hey guys, the earth is going to end!"

"What! When?!"

"I don't know."

"Well how do you know its going to end?"

"I don't know."

:|

Maybe he's figured out a way to control all his synths from his computer WITHOUT midi. We've had the dsp stuff, we've had the ambient, we've had the analogue. What other themes have not been explored?

Guest David R James
Please be "Selected Ambient Works Vol. III"

fuck that. I like parts 1 & 2 BUT FUCK THAT.

Drukqs 2? Yeah, I'd can live with that.

Truth

Yeah I used to be in the camp of "his best work was his early work" but my mind has finally wrapped around Drukqs and I love it too much to let go.

Yeah I used to be in the camp of "his best work was his early work" but my mind has finally wrapped around Drukqs and I love it too much to let go.

I'm not too sure yet. I still hold that I Care Because You Do was the height of his music, with Drukqs and the SAW's as a close second.

could we hear the funny story again? i dont know it :embrassed:

When the reissue of SOSW was about to come out, he told me that the two tracks were literally the first two tracks off the first DAT he found labeled "Polygon Window". He said not to tell WARP that, though. LOL.

How awesome would it be if it was a Polygon Window release! I'd shit myself inside out if it was.

Archived