IGNORED

The Zeitgeist Movement Event NYC

Dale

what I find interesting is the amount of Pat Buchanan style populism shoehorned into their ideas (at least Jones'). It seems very much the mutant offspring of blue-collar Southern conservatism - anti environmentalism, anti NAFTA, anti birth control/abortion, etc.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pennywise
what I find interesting is the amount of Pat Buchanan style populism shoehorned into their ideas (at least Jones'). It seems very much the mutant offspring of blue-collar Southern conservatism - anti environmentalism, anti NAFTA, anti birth control/abortion, etc.
you're smart, i didn't understand that

I watched the film, and I've heard my housemate argue inarticulately about it for hours (along with several other unrelated conspiracy theories he has decided to believe in) and I think it's simply incredible and I very much doubt that watching another video by the same person will make it all click into place, I said I didn't want to argue about it but you're still telling me to watch a video, watch a video, watch a video on the internet and we can fix the world and all of its imaginary problems. Watching videos on the internet is the last bastion of hope for humanity. Youtube is the revolution. Hooray.

I fucking love you Iain C

also, mrcopyandpaste, you're embarassing. you've practically changed the core of your beliefs over the course of a few hours because you're afraid some people will mistake you for a nuthead. good going

lol, the top hit for "zeitgeist nyc live" searched on google was a link to this thread on WATMM! i guess its been big news on the internets then.

(was actually looking for some video footage of the event)

Guest EDGEY

I actually tuned in for a minute - heard something about "the future" and "entering the metaphysical domain". I quickly scrubbed my hard drive, donned my spaghetti strainer tin foil brain wave blocker, and hid in the corner. Was I doin it rite?

im heavily into 9/11 videos and other things like them, but zeitgeist movie always rubbed me the wrong way.

I just thought it was produced badly and had a lot of inaccurate and false information

Guest Drahken

You know I might be more apathetic to the ideas presented in Zeitgeist if every asswipe who subscribes to it didn't engage me by saying things like "Your blinded by capitalism" or "Your just a product of your environment and can't see the truth." I don't need a movie to point out the shadier elements, and I certainly don't need a bunch of pimply faced conspiracy nuts insulting my intelligence in some ploy to get me to 'believe'. That stuff is for sheep, not shepherds.

Guest mrcopyandpaste
also, mrcopyandpaste, you're embarassing. you've practically changed the core of your beliefs over the course of a few hours because you're afraid some people will mistake you for a nuthead. good going

nah mate

i agree with the film but at the same time recognise none of its ever going to happen. i dont preach on like a bitch because peoples minds cant be changed on things like this. plus i was quite drunk so most of my posts were simply flaming mr maha even though my opinion is probably closer to his than everyone elses

plus, quote me one post where ive argued for this film, other than saying thanks (coz i like the film)

sorry for the flamez maha

Wow I just realized I explained succinctly everything both zeitgeist films had to say and then some to my friend, without ever having watched the films, and it didn't require 4 gotdamn hours.

Archived