Sign in to follow this  
Jaffa

'Mutley'-Caustic Window Track off CAT023

caustic_window_mutley_track3_Caustic_window_album.mp3

from mike p

SIDE 2 Same hand written info except it says: "SIDE B" in black marker pen and in the run out groove it's the same but says side "L" 5 Tracks on B:

Track 1) called "muttley" by Richard.It features samples from "dastardly & Muttley" (Wacky Races Cartoon) starting off with Dastardly shouting "Muttley!" then Muttley the dog going "RashingFrashingWrarraFrarraWrash". Other samples: A girl speaking: "You know I don't even know why you bother talking" and the track ends with "what an utterly fantastical journey" (unknown sample) As regards to the music, it starts with a monophonic synth line doing a percussive riff up 4 notes, joined by another sound a few bars later. Then the drums kick in. Bass and snare from Phloam, sort of metallic guiro and clangs from Schottkey. Halfway through an orchestral string chords sample comes in, and the girl speaking sample appears. It's a great track, very SAW85-92 in period.

If this is old news and has been realised a million times before im sorry, track was edited from rephlex show 97

would love to hear it in flac

Guest rezpeni

Well spotted.

Guest Sir Winston

It just makes the fact we will most likely never hear this album even more upsetting. But I appreciate the fact you spotted that, nice one.

Guest mrx

nice, i'll have to check that bootleg out

Guest Caustic

mental. nice one.

caustic_window_mutley_track3_Caustic_window_album.mp3

from mike p

SIDE 2 Same hand written info except it says: "SIDE B" in black marker pen and in the run out groove it's the same but says side "L" 5 Tracks on B:

Track 1) called "muttley" by Richard.It features samples from "dastardly & Muttley" (Wacky Races Cartoon) starting off with Dastardly shouting "Muttley!" then Muttley the dog going "RashingFrashingWrarraFrarraWrash". Other samples: A girl speaking: "You know I don't even know why you bother talking" and the track ends with "what an utterly fantastical journey" (unknown sample) As regards to the music, it starts with a monophonic synth line doing a percussive riff up 4 notes, joined by another sound a few bars later. Then the drums kick in. Bass and snare from Phloam, sort of metallic guiro and clangs from Schottkey. Halfway through an orchestral string chords sample comes in, and the girl speaking sample appears. It's a great track, very SAW85-92 in period.

If this is old news and has been realised a million times before im sorry, track was edited from rephlex show 97

would love to hear it in flac

oh yeah i would love 2 hear it in flac, please! :angry:

Wow... considering how often I've listened to this show, I never caught that... but, I remain skeptical - beyond the musical description (which fails me since I don't make music), I don't hear any of the samples mentioned, etc.

Anyone care to break it down and add credence to it actually being "Muttley" from CAT023?

im surprised you cant hear what im hearing, but broken down----

mutley_dick_dastardly_sample.mp3

monophonic_synth_line_4_notes.mp3

joined_by_another_sound_a_few_bars_later.mp3

phloam_drums.mp3

phloam_drums_mutley.mp3

i will bet blood and body organs this is that 'Mutley' track

the problem is that the guy who recorded the show keeps cutting tracks, bits of tracks are lost throughout, you get abit of one track then it cuts straight to the next without proper transitions

im surprised you cant hear what im hearing, but broken down----

mutley_dick_dastardly_sample.mp3

monophonic_synth_line_4_notes.mp3

joined_by_another_sound_a_few_bars_later.mp3

phloam_drums.mp3

phloam_drums_mutley.mp3

i will bet blood and body organs this is that 'Mutley' track

the problem is that the guy who recorded the show keeps cutting tracks, bits of tracks are lost throughout, you get abit of one track then it cuts straight to the next without proper transitions

nicely done. I definitely caught the phloam drums straight of yesterday when you posted this, very nice breakdown Jaffa

Thanks for the insight

cheers phonic

Guest 123

fucking immense, nice one!

Guest 123
That track is in this Rephlex show:

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?automodul...amp;showfile=63

The track that kicks in at 5:41 kills me, as well as what leads up to it after Vaz Deferenz.

Is there a tracklist for this? Matching it up against those original comments about the LP we may be able to identify some more unreleased tracks?

Guest 123

I think nearly the whole set is from CAT023!?

Wicked find.

God this track sounds fucking slamming. So depressing that it wasn't released :|

where is that mike p quote from? is it from that little interview he did about aphex a few years back? would like to get hold of that ....

Guest Caustic

a 'review' of the lost/ultra-rare CAT023 LPs emailed to Joyrex back in 99.

Guest aeioux

Hey guys (and Joyrex) - does anyone have a working link to this Aphex/Cylob 1997 mix?

aeioux

Check the Downloads forum... might be in there