Jul 25 2009 8:00P

Johnny Brenda’s Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Jul 26 2009 8:00P

Rock and Roll Hotel Washington DC, Washington DC

Jul 27 2009 8:00P

Ottobar Baltimore, Maryland

they tore apart the air in Austin...

fucking fantastic!

made up for missing Animal Collective/Black Dice last night....

Guest vodor
this band just recently blatantly ripped of a song made by Brian E and Mileu without credting them

evidence plz.

saw them at sasquatch. 4th time i've seen em. good as usual. new album isn't nearly as good as dandelion gum though. overproduced. i knew that was gonna happen. fridmann, psh.

this band just recently blatantly ripped of a song made by Brian E and Mileu without credting them

I seriously doubt this (due to BMSR being around for quite a while now) but if you have proof, I would like see it as well...

Guest Iain C

I seriously doubt this (due to BMSR being around for quite a while now) but if you have proof, I would like see it as well...

They stole it using a holographic projection of aeroplanes and controlled detonated charges.

(removed a bunch of shit that i think that wrong info)

i am sorry if i have struck a nerve for pointing out correctly that BMSR steals songs from unsigned artists, releases them and does not credit the original artist.

http://brianellis.earstroke.com/black_moth...reefestival.mp3 (original)

(mileu + brian ellis)

http://brianellis.earstroke.com/bmsr-jumpi...handbreathe.mp3 (stolen)

i think i have it the other way around, Brian E and Mileu made a remix album called 'free festival' and somehow Black Moth Super Rainbow either heard one of the songs off here or wanted to do a remix of it. but either way compare the two. I'm asking Ellis to explain to me the full story so there is no confusion (because ive already fucked it up) but maybe Mileu can explain.

Guest Iain C

OK, they're practically identical. But that BMSR song isn't recent at all, it's from Dandelion Gum which came out in March 2008 (wrong: May 2007 according to wikipedia!). Are you sure the Brian Ellis version came first? I like Brian's music but it just seems like you've got your facts a bit muddled here. If it is ripped off then that's obviously unacceptable.

Didn't Brian get banned anyway?

OK, they're practically identical. But that BMSR song isn't recent at all, it's from Dandelion Gum which came out in March 2008. Are you sure the Brian Ellis version came first? I like Brian's music but it just seems like you've got your facts a bit muddled here. If it is ripped off then that's obviously unacceptable.

Didn't Brian get banned anyway?

yeah he got banned, he just recently mentioned this to me. I know nothing about BMSR personally besides what he told me. thought i'd pass this tidbit of info along since it involves two WATMM peeps...

ill ask him for a full detailed account if mileu doesnt chime in.

Guest Iain C

Tobacco posts here (or used to) as well from what I recall, but I reckon an explanation's too much to expect...

gbIII:

I forgot you hate synthesizers*....

was wondering why you hadn't heard BMSR yet...

they are the American BoC...

I remember a Free Festival remix on the site a while ago....

*underhanded joke

ok i made a pretty bold claim in the original post, but you guys seem to know something about this that could help figure out what's going on

so here is what i have gathered so far Brian E and Mileu had a VS project called 'free festival' it was a post rock sort of LP that at one point BMSR did a remix from of the song 'stone steps'. In the remix things they may have added or modified by BMSR were just completely used later to make their own song out of (best case scenario, bands do this all the time, make a remix of someone and they liked all the new stuff they added so much they just turn their added parts into a new song) or BMSR used a lot of elements and inspirations from track to reconstitute into their own without crediting the original artist (worst case scenario)

Tobacco posts here (or used to) as well from what I recall, but I reckon an explanation's too much to expect...

Have met him in the real life, seems like a very decent person, down to earth....

He has quite a catalogue of music under his belt, not sure why he would feel the need to take anyone else's pieces...

I know BMSR and pre-BMSR music started way before WATMM's existence....

the first track you posted is the Free Festival remix of BMSR that was on the site years ago...

and the second, I guess inspired by the guitar work but not completely ripped off, just a cleaner more minimal version is from 'Dandelion Gum', as Iain C pointed out...

Tobacco is very talented and prolific...

I don't think an inspired version deserves any sort of credit, otherwise every BMSR record would praise BoC before anyone else...

that would be lame....

Like Ovuca crediting the Twin for his sound, just unnecessary....

We all have our influences...

Archived