IGNORED

What headphones do you use?

I have been using a $40 pair of skullcandy headband style headphones.

Kinda shit. Actually the sound quality is fantastic but I have NO idea what they designers were thinking when they used the plastic. Tofu would have been a stronger decision.

I'm looking for headband style, or the ones that go behind your head. I fucking hate earbuds so don't even start with that.

What do you guys use? I don't mind them being somewhat big, but not too huge. I am not using them for performing or anything, but I want some really decent sound quality so I can hear all the subtleties of the music.

Edited by thehauntingsoul

I've been using these jetblue headphones that I got for free for almost 5-6 months. I started using them out of desperation after braking my grado headphones and some 20-30 usd sony headphones. They're surprisingly pretty decent and I haven't bothered to replace them with something nicer.

Guest Ultravisitor

sennheiser sd 205's

i seem to have the studio pair which are more about keeping sound from bleeding out than going all out for quality but they are still pretty sweet and they only cost me £15.

one slight problem is that they hug my head to much, ears hurt after an hour or so. its withstandable, but you know, it would be better if it wasn't there.

i hear this problem from many people, so maybe this should be a cheap, last resort.

• 2 weeks later...

Roland RH-300's. Huge bass response, clean mids and pristine highs. Been using them for 2 years now comparing mixes with KRK Rokit RP8's with 10S Sub.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest uptowndevil

ST00046.jpg

finally found a pair of headphones i can wear comfortably for 3+ hours. crossed over from sennheiser hd570's and bose triports(bad idea) and there's no comparison.

Guest uptowndevil

Just got some Denon 5000's. I feel like I'm stoned when I listen to them because the music becomes so detailed.

those look incredible. the mahogany housing is a great touch. is it necessary to run them through a preamp?

I'm ghetto and haven't been running the d5000's off a headphone amp (yet). Every source sounds better, though. I've been playing mp3s and games off my PSP into these and it sounds just lush.

The bass response is the best part, in my opinion. It's like having very high-end subwoofers strapped to your ears.

Mine snapped yesterday :unsure: fuuck now I have no headphones and I gotta sit on the bus in silence for 2 hours a day.

Ugh - don't I know that feeling. I always feel butt naked when I'm not wearing my headphones on the bus or when I'm walking around downtown.

Anyway, I'm using Sennheiser HD280 Pro because of the ridiculous amount of bass.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

... is that sarcasm? I have HD280s and while you can steal hear the low low end I've found the bass to be tighter and less pronounced than 90% of the headphones I've ever heard.

• 1 month later...
Guest Sprigg

I run some $40usd Logitech headset (my cheap excuse for a mic as well until I can afford a real one), and they work wonderfully. Only real downside is that they hurt after about an hour or so.