IGNORED

Mike Paradinas interview

Guest joshier

now, I am not saying I am Patsy Kensit's husband, but I am not denying it either.

So you hate mu-ziq because you got his sloppy seconds.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is one thing WATMM has no shortage of - it is people who speak loudly about things they dislike.

They can dislike, there is no problem with it. I hate Autechre music after Amber, but seriously what would it deserve to scream it with ultra-developped theories blah blah in Autechre subforum. I hate it, well, but I respect people who love it, cause I know it is still quality music ! (There be careful, don't be too stupid to answer me "Yeah but Ae is quality, not µ-Ziq", ...) As all the WATMM Featured artists, µ-Ziq included. All what you said here made you look like an idiot, go create www.mikepsucks.com for that kind of faggotry...

I also hate Oasis' music...

At least we're fine on that point !

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

man if firefunker is Mad EP then his post history is hilarious. Mad EP is apparently a huge fan of the latest Mad EP EP. shit's so deep, you guys!

• 2 weeks later...

He's clearly someone with personal beef either way. Anyway, Mike is great at what he does and hopefully people would have enough respect not to discuss his personal life on forums surely?

Guest ezkerraldean

ALISTAIR DARLING HAS EYEBROWS THAT ARE A DIFFERENT COLOUR TO HIS HAIR

why has no one ever asked him about this

I've been listening to a ton of Mike P lately because unfortunately some of his CDs were on a bottom shelf in my basement storage that got flooded with a few inches of water. Liners ruined, but all CDs re-ripped in Apple Lossless: good iPod times. Man there are some parts of the Brace Yourself EP that are goddamn incredible to this day. Also the man has the best track titles in the business.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really seeing where this nappy-changing is coming from...

I mean the interviewer is correct-- the only reason anyone cares about µ-ziq is 'cos he did a record with Aphex'. Mike even admitted that his shit came out "in due course" cos it was in the queue just like everyone else. If anything, I think Mike comes across as the dick cos he is all non-chalant about him sending in a demo... but when looking back, no one else gave a shit till Richard did (and by proxy, Bjork). Best part is when Mike said he learned *nothing* from Aphex in the studio... except that Aphex actually writes good music and Mike doesn't.

:facepalm: Mike has some pretty good music, I just think its criminal that most overlook it.

• 8 months later...

mike p is great …..guys in this thread that dis-respect play themselves like circuit broken toys

it's fucking pathetically sad that the redbull academy falls short right at the end when producing this event.

the audience should have been loaded with wattmers and folks that know whats up and love mike's music [read -about 1% of the electronic consumers in America that even bother to pay for music ]

or at a bare minimum a fucking interviewer that knew mike's career and asked him questions about ; being an electronic musician in 1993 vs 2006 or questions about being a producer/record company CEO ,offering thought provoking engaging questions about gear,the early rave scene,drugs,europe,the UK Police state.trends he has lived thru .his live band experience,music theory etc etc

this red bull cat is a dunce in a mao cap bought at urban outfitters

[winces]

mike is the total UNDERDOG

imagine having to deal w/being in that shadow of afx this long ….both-him and luke

i'd day he is the tortoise and in the end he will win the race being sure and steady ….. his way on his own terms

all it will take is some shitty little hipster music director that has maybe 3-4 cds worth of reasonably decent new [past10-15 years]electronic gear in his terabyte iphones in hollywood that licenses a PLANET Mu track [read-snares-"obvious enough?} for a big budget sci fi flick like the matrix

Guest Calx Sherbet

I mean the interviewer is correct-- the only reason anyone cares about µ-ziq is 'cos he did a record with Aphex'. Mike even admitted that his shit came out "in due course" cos it was in the queue just like everyone else. If anything, I think Mike comes across as the dick cos he is all non-chalant about him sending in a demo... but when looking back, no one else gave a shit till Richard did (and by proxy, Bjork). Best part is when Mike said he learned *nothing* from Aphex in the studio... except that Aphex actually writes good music and Mike doesn't.

:facepalm: Mike has some pretty good music, I just think its criminal that most overlook it.

i place him right behind aphex, along with Luke. it would be criminal to say that Mike hasn't MATCHED Richard's ability and creativity at times. he's a genious

• 4 months later...

why does there need to be a scoreboard. Especially for quite different musical characters. Not that i'm trying to generate yet another argument for this thread. I think the one that occurred blighted it more than enough, wao controversy.

*watches vid

After reading this thread for the first time, I deleted all my pirated Mad EP albums (I only listened to any of them once each (partial plays too) and thought were boring and uncreative. :spiteful:

whatta twat

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Promo

I personally enjoyed the interview. I felt he came across well. One of the better interviews of the idm elite imo. Certainly interviews far better than Aphex. I would agree with others that probably the people in the room really have no clue how significant an artist he is. I do find it bizarre that he doesn't make more tunes. I for one would welcome a new Jake Slazenger record as the last one was kinda dissapointing.

• 8 months later...

Maybe Mike should have paid more attention.

Sorry dude gotta disagree. I've always felt Mike makes much better music than Aphex. Over the years I've listened to Mike's stuff probably 5-10 times more than Richard's.

lol wtf is this shit/

his wife left him for a far less talented musician? whats the deal?

Talent doesn't get you women. Charm and being a fun positive guy does. Now I'm not saying Mike ain't that but lets be fair it was probably his first or second relationship. And for most folks that is both men and women it usually takes 3/4 relationships to get the balance right. My guess is that Mike may have dumped a lot of his woes on her and after a while maybe she had enough. Then this Mad dude turns up and is funny, charming etc (actually I don't know) and you know things take a certain course.

Best thing Mike should have done is move on from it and not be bitter about it. All women are different and just because his marriage failed doesn't mean he won't find happiness with another woman.

Archived