IGNORED

a song about NBA legend Julius Erving

Guest Betty

Guest Betty

He he. This was recorded before I had a PC or a drum machine or any of that stuff we take for granted now. For the music I used a Casio SK-1 keyboard that my parents bought for me for Christmas when I was 7 years old, which (unbeknownst to them) had sampling capabilities!

- 8 bit!

- 1.4 seconds of sampling time!

- holds one sample!

sk1_ad.jpg

I recorded on cassette tapes and in order to record multiple layers I figured some way of using an old stereo amplifier mix in multiple sources and would just bounced to another cassette when I wanted to add more (but obviously this would degrade the quality of the sound so I tried to keep it to a minimum).

A full hip-hop album was recorded around 1993-94 with a friend of mine, I was known as 'Double O' and he was 'GMC' and together we formed 'Technique' (this track only features me though).

1398.jpg

Guest Glass Plate

we all know you made this like a week ago, but it's still pretty damn amazing, please upload the whole album and share with all of us, or get it put out on a great label, I'd pay for this.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived