IGNORED

Aphex/Mu-Ziq "Wash My Laundry" MOD Track?

BCM

Anyone heard this? Visit www.mono211.com/content/releases/monomod.html and check it out! Couple of good Bogdan tracks on there too! Humfree is fucking banging. Probably not Aphex and Mu-Ziq, but certainly sounds Aphex-y. It's good anyway. You have to download a plugin for Winamp in order to play the MOD files, but all fairly easy to do....

Check

Guest I'm Too Cool To Have An Avat
You have to download a plugin for Winamp in order to play the MOD files, but all fairly easy to do....

Check

Every mod/it/s3m/xm/blah plugin for WinAmp I've ever used sucks and doesn't properly handle things like certain looped samples, pitch envelopes, filter effects, etc properly.

Download ModPlug Player from modplug.com instead.

• 14 years later...

how often on the internet do you see an obscure link from a 14 year old thread thoroughly brought back to life? this is why i love you guys ♥️

by the way, a while ago i found on here a big folder of tracker files by Bogdan Raczynski - could this be related? i created FLAC and mp3 copies, maybe we could include it in the Downloads section.

Sorry but the music made in trackers like octaMED and other .mod-files tracker sounds really shitty.. 
The samples often sounds terrible.

Trackers like Fast tracker II and Adlib is way much better! 

?

mono211/monotonik was kind of demoscene's warp/ninja tune in 1996-2000

yeah 4 chan mods sounded shitty but with its own charm. i'm still a fan of mortimer twang's old amiga stuff for example.

nowadays you can find all mono211 stuff (and much more) here:

https://files.scene.org/browse/music/groups/mono/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cern said:

Sorry but the music made in trackers like octaMED and other .mod-files tracker sounds really shitty.. 
The samples often sounds terrible.

Trackers like Fast tracker II and Adlib is way much better! 

?

Yeah, it's the combination of very low sample quality and no DSPs whatsoever, not even antialiasing let alone something like compression lol. Usually the sample quality is something like 8kHz/8bit in the older mod files. Probs the newer ones might have 44.1kHz/16bit "CD-quality".

I've been tinkering a bit in Renoise with some old FT2 .XM files because it can load those. That could be one way to "remaster" some of these. Replace samples with better quality ones or even VSTs, add DSPs like reverb, EQ and compression and so on and then render to an audio file.

2 hours ago, kausto said:

mono211/monotonik was kind of demoscene's warp/ninja tune in 1996-2000

yeah 4 chan mods sounded shitty but with its own charm. i'm still a fan of mortimer twang's old amiga stuff for example.

nowadays you can find all mono211 stuff (and much more) here:

https://files.scene.org/browse/music/groups/mono/

Check also Brothomstates work as Dune/Orange in some demos and intros:

• Like 1