IGNORED

looking for new anime recommendations

Rubin Farr

anyone watching anything new that's worth passing along? i'm into the Freedom series right now, mostly bc of Otomo's design work, and catching up on Ghost Hound. is that Sword of the Stranger movie any good? The Sky Crawlers is the next big release i'm looking forward to but i'm always open to new titles.

• 3 weeks later...

just found Macross Frontier series which has some awesome space fights, and Moribito, which is from the team who did the Ghost in the Shell TV series.

Guest ward

funny, i just found my cowboy bebop discs and i'm going to watch them this week

anything as good as bebop going about? i'm terrible at finding anime, there's too much shit about to sift through

Guest Betty

I'm not ashamed to admit it, I like Naruto.

Oh... I thought this was the shameless honesty thread.

• 7 years later...
  • 10 months later...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure for sure.

Fucking this, it's absolutely an amazing ride (and a very long one as well haha). Absolutely thrilling, I hardly bingewatch but this oh my. Such nice art, so energetic, so original in some ways. Perhaps the greatest animated series I've ever seen.

Absolutely top tier:NGE, Steins;Gate , Cowboy Beebop, FMA:B (only non-IDM pick in the list)

Also fun: Prison School (stupid but hilarious), Attack On Titan (normie but worth it)

To avoid at all costs: Elfen Lied, Mirai Nikki

Fucking this, it's absolutely an amazing ride (and a very long one as well haha). Absolutely thrilling, I hardly bingewatch but this oh my. Such nice art, so energetic, so original in some ways. Perhaps the greatest animated series I've ever seen.

Absolutely top tier:NGE, Steins;Gate , Cowboy Beebop, FMA:B (only non-IDM pick in the list)

Also fun: Prison School (stupid but hilarious), Attack On Titan (normie but worth it)

Never understood any of the love for Elfen Lied. I can find reasons someone might like Mirai Nikki if I try really really hard, but I couldn't force myself through the second half of Elfen Lied.. just got way too stupid.

Also, Samurai Champloo is great as well and is from the same director as Cowboy Bebop.

Never understood any of the love for Elfen Lied. I can find reasons someone might like Mirai Nikki if I try really really hard, but I couldn't force myself through the second half of Elfen Lied.. just got way too stupid.

Also, Samurai Champloo is great as well and is from the same director as Cowboy Bebop.

Totally, it was one of the anime that I always remembered as being hyped to death back when it was released and I spent my youthful days on Yu-Gi-Oh! forums (haha) but it took me 12 years to finally take the time and watch it and man oh man what a bad show. The art looks like some kid's drawings on DeviantArt, unnecessary nudity, ''gore'' (ahem... although the bar has been raised in the past years on that front) in an attempt to be edgy, loose ends like crazy and a cringeworthy bad story. Plus a super pretentious opening theme for such a shit show. Only the opening scene was pretty bad ass I have to admit.

Samurai Champloo is on my list!

ZA WARUDO!!!!!!!!

That scene in the anime was a total adrenaline fest. I love this show so much in a post-ironic way I can't even

Stopped reading Vento Aureo because I heard a much better translation was in the works, which is apparently done now.. but now I'm not sure if I should read the manga or just wait for the anime adaptation to come out.

Actually I still haven't finished watching the adaptation for Diamond Is Unbreakable, but I read all of that part before the adaptation came out. Think I'm gonna finish it now that I think about it, I'm still a bit excited to watch the Highway Star fight animated.

^ - Wow, the original OVA from '93 had way better animation:

'An oil tanker for you'. Lol not even close, loving the newer animation about fifty times more.