IGNORED

looking for new anime recommendations

Rubin Farr

Yeah Parasyte is really good, though I haven't read the manga. Only difference I've heard about is the main character wearing glasses in the beginning for a little bit, but I'm pretty sure there are plenty small changes as well.

In case you haven't seen it Serial Experiments Lain is the IDM of anime so you'd probably be into that

Seconding this.

Gantz was weird, it started off great but some of the later episodes are excruciatingly drawn out, still very entertaining and quite addictive.

Recently rewatched Paranoia Agent, at the same time down to earth, very humane and packed full of creative and compelling storytelling and has the best intro/outro scenes of any anime series. RIP Satoshi Kon.

I also still have the second season and extra installments of Mushishi to watch, first season was amazingly beautiful and relaxing viewing.

Another good recent but not new series is Welcome To The NHK, a kind of slapstick take on hikkikomori.

• 1 month later...

I decided to go back and watch all of Dragon Ball again, and it reminded me how great it really is. I hadn't seen any of it in about 15 years, and I was quite surprised. Most of the 153 episodes completely outmatch Dragon Ball Z. There are some really poignant, emotional moments, all of the training sequences combined with the eastern mysticism make for some very interesting sequences, and the pacing is really good. The animation is actually great, too.

i love dragonball but here in portugal they dubbed it in portguese, one day i tried to watch the original japanese version and i could not get into it... the portuguese dub is so ridiculous that was what actually made it funny...

Devilman Crybaby ?

Whatched the 1st 2 eps, still not sure about it, it's a bit different from what masaaki usually does...

Im rewatching neon genesis evangelion for the 3rd or 4th time but this time in 1080p. So tasty!

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Devilman Crybaby ?

Whatched the 1st 2 eps, still not sure about it, it's a bit different from what masaaki usually does...

Yeah, it still have some of that Mindgame aesthetic, but lots of un-feel-good and gory story. Flips out. Quality watch!