IGNORED

looking for new anime recommendations

Rubin Farr

There's a movie from 2017 called the dragon dentist which is directed by the same guy who created FLCL and directed evangelion together with Hideaki Anno...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6004864/

MV5BNDcyNzRhZDMtMGJjNi00MDQ0LWExZmMtNzBh

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

• 3 weeks later...

Jojo pt. 5 is absolutely amazing so far, will the series ever be surpassed holy shit.

Watching Darling In The Franxx and loving it. It's like a 2018 NGE with a vaporwavey feel. Animation sometimes a bit too 'cartoonish' for my taste.

Just finished Mob Psycho 100 - Season 2 and it was as great as the first one.

Boku No Hero Academia total shitshow, I dont get the appeal. First two seasons were boring, third made me finally drop it.

Also tried Zombieland Saga, also dropped because it seemed like everything why people hate anime.

Goblin Slayer very good, very very very good. Specifically enjoyed it as a D&D player myself.

Parasyte cool concept but meh storyline and ever more meh animation.

Samurai Champloo extremely comfy. I get why it's in all the 'must see' lists. Got the Cowboy Beebop feeling on all fronts (although I enjoyed the latter's animation more). Also, the hiphop elements deteriorated the quality of the series imho.

Food Wars was fun to see people explode out of their clothes only to be rescued by princes disguised as the food they were eating. Other than those moments, the show was very bland and boring. It did make me Hungary, though.

Currently really anticipating Attack on Titan - Season 3.

Blood Blockade Battlefront is fun if you are into mature humor, exaggerated action, and a blend of sci-fi/mythology.

Watching Darling In The Franxx and loving it. It's like a 2018 NGE with a vaporwavey feel. Animation sometimes a bit too 'cartoonish' for my taste.

I had the same sense that it's paralleling NGE, but on a more blatant pervy level. In that vein, I'm almost out of patience for the final rebuild film.

edit: effed up b3 name

Edited by OneToThirtySix

Uh, I think I'll just stick to watching trash anime without a sword, comments on this video indicate that the sword, despite being present, did not actually protect him from a kayaking incident.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/6070825-181/fifth-person-dies-in-clear?sba=AAS

• 1 month later...

This thread reminded me about FLCL. . . did anyone end up watching the new series(es)? I read up a little and it sounds like "progression" was kind of crap but "alternative" might have been in keeping w/ OG series? 

Regardless, made me start a rewatch of the first one last night so thanks WATMM . . . nostalgia like a mofo' . . .

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Yeah that really is mental. Surprised me that so many people died, you'd think a studio like this had quick fire escapes ?

28 minutes ago, chronical said:

Yeah that really is mental. Surprised me that so many people died, you'd think a studio like this had quick fire escapes ?

Most of the deceased got trapped in a stairwell, trying to get to the roof.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished everything there is to see in the Legend of the Galactic Heroes realm (except for the reboot but gonna wait until that one is finished and watch it in one go).

If there's one anime I would recommend (after watching plenty of them, including most classics) it's this one. Never have I ended a series and thought 'welp, this was probably about as good as it can get. What can I watch after this that won't pale in comparison to this masterpiece?'