IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

Which again, means nothing. Just because CAT204 comes out this year (hopefully) doesn't mean CAT200-203 will. They don't have to be released in order. Got it?

Also, by that logic we should have had CATs up to 807 released since CAT 808 was right?

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was clearly obvious that being a wave funk 1 there would be a 2 meaning aleast a few more release

well wave funk volume 2 is due out this year and it's CAT204... that's 4 releases slated for this year - none of which have been mentioned yet.

This is a nice piece of info where did you hear it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3F7xe1-G7E

it's there in his own video for it - the label for part 2 says cat204 2009.

Available by one seller new from Amazon?!?!?!? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0028X6KVA/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1251996268&sr=8-1&condition=new breaking the street date much :S? assuming Wave Funk isn't officially out yet.

Also, by that logic we should have had CATs up to 807 released since CAT 808 was right?

Well, obviously CAT 808 was reserved for 808 State. Ya know, because they have an 808 in their name.

CAT 204 is too random a number.

Guest David R James

It was clearly obvious that being a wave funk 1 there would be a 2 meaning aleast a few more release

well wave funk volume 2 is due out this year and it's CAT204... that's 4 releases slated for this year - none of which have been mentioned yet.

This is a nice piece of info where did you hear it?

it's there in his own video for it - the label for part 2 says cat204 2009.

i cant wait to hear the Ed and luke track

a steve beckett interview

Q: So what of the daddy, Mr Richard James AKA Aphex Twin?

A: "How to describe Aphex Twin? I don't know. I call him an English eccentric - always into creating for the hell of it. He isn't bothered by what other people think of his music. In fact, the only reason he puts it out is for financial reasons, so he doesn't have to get a proper job. A lot of artists say [they don't care] but I've never me anyone who is that uninterested in the indstry side of things. He played the game in the beginning a bit, but as the years go by, he's able to pull the drawbridge up more. I'm sure it's affecting his sales - he'd probably sell a lot more records if he did some promo - but to him it's important to be isolated and focus on what he's doing creatively.

"If you ever hear him DJ, there's always two or three tracks of his that have never been released. This one track I heard the last time in London...I'm dying to put it out.

"It seems like he's gearing up for something, though, so one of these days I'll probably get a call [about a new album] and that'll be it, really. That's literally how I'll find out."

-> lol

http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3389&Itemid=26

a steve beckett interview

Q: So what of the daddy, Mr Richard James AKA Aphex Twin?

A: "How to describe Aphex Twin? I don't know. I call him an English eccentric - always into creating for the hell of it. He isn't bothered by what other people think of his music. In fact, the only reason he puts it out is for financial reasons, so he doesn't have to get a proper job. A lot of artists say [they don't care] but I've never me anyone who is that uninterested in the indstry side of things. He played the game in the beginning a bit, but as the years go by, he's able to pull the drawbridge up more. I'm sure it's affecting his sales - he'd probably sell a lot more records if he did some promo - but to him it's important to be isolated and focus on what he's doing creatively.

"If you ever hear him DJ, there's always two or three tracks of his that have never been released. This one track I heard the last time in London...I'm dying to put it out.

"It seems like he's gearing up for something, though, so one of these days I'll probably get a call [about a new album] and that'll be it, really. That's literally how I'll find out."

-> lol

http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3389&Itemid=26

Thanks for posting this; doesn't look like a clearly "definitive" answer from Beckett. I thought I remembered seeing an article where Beckett was going on about a new album already in the pipeline (almost finished)? Ah well. Still got BOC to look forward to:

Of Boards of Canada he says:

"They're definitely closer to [a new record], but their concept of time is different than most people."

QUOTE (Awepittance @ Apr 15 2009, 11:12 PM) does anyone here think aphex twin for the most part resents his fans?

of course. and the fans absorb that hate and generate increasingly powerful fanboyism.

it's a fantastic cycle.

sometimes i feel that the idea of the aphex fanboyism is pretty outdated .. are they still out there .. this board hasn't sat in status since '99 .. i do welcome the idea of a new release (that isn't just bulk acid muckaround outtakes sold at outlandish prices (although you can't knock pandering to the market)) .. and enjoy some tasteful working it funky dJ work ... but really ... kaman ... just get on with it ...

shame is though .. that a lot of elek has been sad bollocks .. not capitalizing on the basics .. of a constant flow of intresting melodic ideas held down with by decent rhythmic underpinnings ... snot hard izzit ...so in that respect .. we hope that our god still has it in 'im .. just for even the basics will do maam ;-] ...

Guest hahathhat

sometimes i feel that the idea of the aphex fanboyism is pretty outdated .. are they still out there .. this board hasn't sat in status since '99 .. i do welcome the idea of a new release (that isn't just bulk acid muckaround outtakes sold at outlandish prices (although you can't knock pandering to the market)) .. and enjoy some tasteful working it funky dJ work ... but really ... kaman ... just get on with it ...

shame is though .. that a lot of elek has been sad bollocks .. not capitalizing on the basics .. of a constant flow of intresting melodic ideas held down with by decent rhythmic underpinnings ... snot hard izzit ...so in that respect .. we hope that our god still has it in 'im .. just for even the basics will do maam ;-] ...

yes.

wonder if the upswing of music piracy has anything to do with his lack of releases?? people'd just pirate a new album, it's a lot of work to get it together... but, he shows up and DJ's for one night, boom $100K

also -- if you reach that level of success, do you take on certain obligations? or no?

yes.

wonder if the upswing of music piracy has anything to do with his lack of releases?? people'd just pirate a new album, it's a lot of work to get it together... but, he shows up and DJ's for one night, boom $100K

also -- if you reach that level of success, do you take on certain obligations? or no?

I doubt it, I think he always knew the bulk of his money came from performing live instead of selling records. It is always arguable that piracy actually benefits the artist by creating new audiences from outlets that once never existed before.

I know quite a few bands that I'll be supporting live when they come round these parts and buying their records slowly but surely.

<br />
<br />
<br /> sometimes i feel that the idea of the aphex fanboyism is pretty outdated .. are they still out there .. this board hasn't sat in status since '99 .. i do welcome the idea of a new release (that isn't just bulk acid muckaround outtakes sold at outlandish prices (although you can't knock pandering to the market)) .. and enjoy some tasteful working it funky dJ work ... but really ... kaman ... just get on with it ...<br /><br /> shame is though .. that a lot of elek has been sad bollocks .. not capitalizing on the basics .. of a constant flow of intresting melodic ideas held down with by decent rhythmic underpinnings ... snot hard izzit ...so in that respect .. we hope that our god still has it in 'im .. just for even the basics will do maam ;-] ...<br />
<br /><br />yes.<br /><br />wonder if the upswing of music piracy has anything to do with his lack of releases?? people'd just pirate a new album, it's a lot of work to get it together... but, he shows up and DJ's for one night, boom $100K<br /><br />also -- if you reach that level of success, do you take on certain obligations? or no?<br />
<br /><br />I doubt it, I think he always knew the bulk of his money came from performing live instead of selling records. It is always arguable that piracy actually benefits the artist by creating new audiences from outlets that once never existed before.<br /><br />I know quite a few bands that I'll be supporting live when they come round these parts and buying their records slowly but surely.<br />

Maybe he's not getting the deal he wants from Warp and all this bullshit is to create a stir to let them know he's still a big seller with a decent fanbase however I'm very surprised this years Warehouse Project hasn't already sold out like last time.

How much per DJ set????

yes.

I doubt it, I think he always knew the bulk of his money came from performing live instead of selling records. It is always arguable that piracy actually benefits the artist by creating new audiences from outlets that once never existed before.

I know quite a few bands that I'll be supporting live when they come round these parts and buying their records slowly but surely.

Maybe he's not getting the deal he wants from Warp and all this bullshit is to create a stir to let them know he's still a big seller with a decent fanbase however I'm very surprised this years Warehouse Project hasn't already sold out like last time.

How much per DJ set????

Well, way back in 02-03 when SPD and I were looking into bringing him to the States, I think we were quoted 18K (USD) for his fees alone, not including hotel, food, travel, and entertainment...

Oh, and as far as I have heard, it WILL be this year - although I was initially told much sooner than this...

Well, way back in 02-03 when SPD and I were looking into bringing him to the States, I think we were quoted 18K (USD) for his fees alone, not including hotel, food, travel, and entertainment...

Oh, and as far as I have heard, it WILL be this year - although I was initially told much sooner than this...

Wonder what would be the entertainment

Archived