IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Caustic
does anyone here think aphex twin for the most part resents his fans?

of course. and the fans absorb that hate and generate increasingly powerful fanboyism.

it's a fantastic cycle.

Guest JohnTqs

I thought the JK ep was supposed to be his next thing? That website said it was rich, i haven't heard anything about it in a while. We'll have an ep and an lp out at about the same time if that's the case, two different labels though

Guest Pennywise

of course. and the fans absorb that hate and generate increasingly powerful fanboyism.

it's a fantastic cycle.

there is perhaps more fascination with richard rather than his music. we are a really cool bunch of middleclass white boys!

Guest the_tourist

AFX negotiating a new contract worries me.

i predict the next 5 albums will be called 25, 24, 23 ,22 + 21 mixes for cash. Unless he finds a old tape he can remaster in thr name of acid stailty. (there are parts of analord worth buying!)

He had better put in some effort.Richard D James album was my favourite at the time there was little like it. Druqs was an absorbing listen.

After Squarepusher signed a new contract we got the overly commercial hello everything - which i do like.

No doubt after the comment by someone on his rap/rnb love he heard the pharrell williams thing about that rare colour music disorder they share. So i expect lots of crappy videos in the vein of monkey drummer and squarepusher style algorythmic shite.

I dont really want to hear more broken piano solos. I would like old school amen!! acid and some new synths, sort it richard.

Guest AOOproductions

it's a fantastic cycle.

there is perhaps more fascination with richard rather than his music. we are a really cool bunch of middleclass white boys!

I honestly don't think this is true at all. Whenever we see interviews of him or him backstage or being himself. He is the most disarming, quite, normal person ever. yea he has a silly sense of humor But I never understood why people think he's so interesting. His music is, and people just relate it with how they think he must be.

LONG STORY SHORT. You guys disgust me. be true fans and masturbate religiously to the music with KY jelly rather than giggle like fanbois. Peace out faggots.

Guest Betty

What I want to speculate about is whether he will be bringing Tuss styles over to Warp. Given that his last tracks using the Aphex Twin alias were Fenix Funk 5 and Xmd 5a (which are very Tussy IMO) I think he might...

..but then again he is always reinventing his sound and confounding expectations which does keep things interesting for us (and him of course).

*roasts marshmallows*

I thought the JK ep was supposed to be his next thing? That website said it was rich, i haven't heard anything about it in a while. We'll have an ep and an lp out at about the same time if that's the case, two different labels though

OK for the last time - JK is Mr Jodey Kendrick aka +10.

as for a new Aphex Twin album this year on Warp - no.

I know someone that has known Rich on a personal basis for years. I get the impression he isn't really sweet and nice. He is intense and likes to fuck with people and is a bit egotistical. You'd want to hang with Luke Vibert over Richard as luke is really chill a amiable. Maybe he's mellowed out over the years and is getting friendlier. It can happen. My cousin was a huge prick until he hit his late 20's. Now he's a nice guy, but before that he was a cunt

I know this is stupid, but I have always expected people that make brilliant 'sympathetic' sounding music to be nice people as well, and this is, apparently, not always the case.

Guest AOOproductions
I know this is stupid, but I have always expected people that make brilliant 'sympathetic' sounding music to be nice people as well, and this is, apparently, not always the case.

True. I don't think he's necessarily a nice guy. But he seems it, and the personality he gives off is not interesting enough to be taken and made of myth. I'm sure he has a huge ego though, how couldn't you if you've been making innovative music and making shit tons of money from it since you were in your teens.

can't anyone else remember that the same guy (Steve Beckett) said the same thing to a french magazine or something, a few years ago?

i.e. he said something like: new aphex this year.

maybe i'll even dig the forum for it.

luke is fucking sound yeah.

yeah, i met him in chicago at a gig, and i was totally pissed on vodka+redbull (i'm not a drinker), xanax, and an eighth of mushrooms. Despite me probably gushing retardedness, he was quite a fine chap.

Archived