IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

Guest JohnTqs

man, i wish i could fucking meet luke or rich or tom...or even mike.

but i gotta live in east bumfuck...

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met Richard here in america last summer, Backstage at Coachella...

anything is possible

Guest ComicMaster

anything is possible

What was he saying? I could barely hear him but he seems like a mad normal dude

anything is possible

What was he saying? I could barely hear him but he seems like a mad normal dude

RDJ: "I wish it could have been like 3 hours or something... I only found out I was doing an hour today, YEAH! I was planning on doing at least an hour and a half; I'm like an hour?, fucking, took me 2 weeks to sort my visa out and I'm only playing an hour..."

he says a little bit before that and after, but just basic short answers

Judging by the last BOC and Squarepusher and warp in general I reckon this one will have more guitars.

srsly though, I wouldn't mind something like a pisstake of that Justice/overcompressed techno style as a 'come to daddy' / 'windowlicker' lead single. I dunno, do artists bother with singles/videos nowdays really?

the rest of the tracks will be outakes from old cassettes or something. a real mix probably. personally I would like to see some digital jungle madness, but he still seems to be on the analog tip.

ok maybe i dreamed it

i remember it too, did we dream it together?

no, he did say it - it was the whole "richard will be re-inventing music again this year" thing - and, to be fair, The Tuss came out a few months later.

QUOTE (Awepittance @ Apr 16 2009, 11:47 PM) *

QUOTE (GORDO @ Apr 16 2009, 02:49 PM) *

ok maybe i dreamed it

no, he did say it - it was the whole "richard will be re-inventing music again this year" thing - and, to be fair, The Tuss came out a few months later.

to my knowledge it wasn't steve becket that time, but it did occur for sure, it was in '07 i think?

Beckett's lates aphex soundbite:

"He's the person the least interested in the music business I've ever met. He has no comprehension of why you would do anything to please anybody else."

Not so confident about that 2009 release date any more...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/apr/1...ecords-20-years

Hahaha, and that's the end of this story! no new aphex.

when i think of it, that's so sad. :omg:

ok maybe i dreamed it

yeah i do remember it was a lil bit before tuss came out, but still he seemed confident it was going to be on warp.

Beckett's lates aphex soundbite:

"He's the person the least interested in the music business I've ever met. He has no comprehension of why you would do anything to please anybody else."

Not so confident about that 2009 release date any more...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/apr/1...ecords-20-years

well i hate to say i told you so....

Beckett's just a big hyper-upper with no thought to the ramifications of his insinuations...

god damn i'm a poetic genius.

I hope "going further" in musical terms will this time mean leaving IDM for more serious music. I mean, working deeper on its concept and initialising a broader context. I loved the Analord series, but upgrading Druqks should be on a different level.

I hope "going further" in musical terms will this time mean leaving IDM for more serious music. I mean, working deeper on its concept and initialising a broader context. I loved the Analord series, but upgrading Druqks should be on a different level.

no thanks.

I would be fine if he put out straightforward acid techno shit til I die.

How does this translate to "I told you so..." ????

well, i guess it doesn't conclusively - just meant that i said there won't be an aphex album on warp in 2009 a few posts earlier....

you seem a bit touchy about it. it's only my opinion, i hope i'm wrong.

How does this translate to "I told you so..." ????

well, i guess it doesn't conclusively - just meant that i said there won't be an aphex album on warp in 2009 a few posts earlier....

you seem a bit touchy about it. it's only my opinion, i hope i'm wrong.

I really don't think anyone knows except Richard himself... all we can do is hope and speculate... I just found your exclamation to "I was right!!!" when really we still don't know anything, kind of strange.

if aphex releases music I know its gunna be good. Im not worried. Its sucks to have to download shitty live shows just to hear his new stuff though. Wish he'd release more often. He might not care about the music industry but I think he cares about being regarded as the best..

Archived