IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

translation?

I'm translating the first red underlined part.

"Gerade erst hat zum Beispiel Aphex Twin einen neuen Vertrag über drei weitere Alben mit uns abgeschlossen."

--> To bring an example, just now Aphex Twin closed a contract with us for three further albums.

First post btw :)

high five!

welcome to the board!

hey mr. tregaskin! tripple high five...

guess what - i've just read the rules lol

omg three new aphexes :omg:

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest catsonearth
i still consider drukqs to be his last true release.

so the 11 analord eps (+ chosen lord + the tuss ) were actually fake releases ?!!

not that they were fake, i just consider them more of a sidetrack than anything else for several reasons. a bunch of 12"s and eps don't do it for me personally as much as a well thought out, composed album. they represent more of a regression in sound than a progression. not saying they're bad at all, but they don't have nearly the same attention to detail and progressive composition as some of his other releases, which is basically what i look for in aphex. and chosen lords was just a comp, so that doesn't really count.

the tuss has never officially been confirmed as aphex, so while i think it is him and i like most of those tracks, i don't consider it a true aphex release.

drukqs was the last release where he really put it together as a contained package and where the package was consistently good from start to finish. i like a lot of the stuff he's done since then, but i think it's tantamount to uploading a bunch of tracks to his website as opposed to "putting out a new album".

drukqs brought along a lot of teenagers to aphex that otherwise don't belong. drukqs is the best. drukqs this, drukqs that. APhex only best release. blah, blah, blah. Drill heads. Little kids

wow, that's a really baseless statement. and incredibly condescending to boot. nice job! fyi, i was an aphex fan long before drukqs and wasn't even a teenager at the time of it's release. i just happen to consider it his best album. it's not his only great album, but it's the longest by far, it's the most complex and varied of them all and it happens to blow my mind even after all these years, so in my book that makes it the best. take that condescending shit to the autechre forum, dude.

it's crazy how douchey people on this forum come off. my word!

yeah drukqs is my favorite release of his... its personally one of the best albums of all time for me.

about the boxset

anyone remember the old thread with joyrex in it

he had around 14tracks that he was going to release (aphex twin stuff) but rephlex contacted him and said that he wasnt allowed to release them, because in the future they would be released in a BOX SET

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic...st&p=748521

this post

I'm sure rephlex is lying aboot da box settage.

Guest zaphod

word to that

i can't wait for full length, real album from him. but i really don't want to hear any more acid techno. i'm done with that. analord lacked a lot of the melodic invention of his earlier releases. i'd love it if he made another album like drukqs, maybe a little more cohesive and maybe incorporating the two disparate elements of that album (organic piano tracks and insane drill n bass tracks) together. i for one thought that album was amazing. and i've been listening to him for a long time.

i dont agree with anything said by catsonearth but out of respect for joyrex (& the bullshitproof topic about forthcoming aphex) i keep my big mouth shut. what about translating that article german people ? sounds interesting.

if i was in his shoes and there was this much gay scrutiny and speculation and demands about every thing i did, my haircut, my headphones, my penis and my hot ginger balls then i would quite happily release some of my dried out excrement compressed into a 12" disc complete with instructions to eat it upon purchase

Archived