IGNORED

New Aphex Twin Album Due This Year

Joyrex

if i was in his shoes and there was this much gay scrutiny and speculation and demands about every thing i did, my haircut, my headphones, my penis and my hot ginger balls then i would quite happily release some of my dried out excrement compressed into a 12" disc complete with instructions to eat it upon purchase

would you? that's not very nice...

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i still consider drukqs to be his last true release.

so the 11 analord eps (+ chosen lord + the tuss ) were actually fake releases ?!!

no but im with cats partially on this one, i think Aphex twin is a little bit of a liar when he says that his aliases don't effect the output in anyway and it doesn't matter what fake name he's using. Imo clearly the name 'ananlord' was designed for a series of concept releases and the Tuss is probably closer to aphex twin but still doesnt have the same feel to me as a true aphex twin album.

yeah, that fucking demotape is awesome, never knew it existed. I bet Warp is going to keep that forever. Man, thanks for the article, way more interesting than that fucking jubes' article in pitchfork... "mostly real instruments" wtf is that garbage? Thread needs to be destroyed!

Guest Retrig

so the 11 analord eps (+ chosen lord + the tuss ) were actually fake releases ?!!

no but im with cats partially on this one, i think Aphex twin is a little bit of a liar when he says that his aliases don't effect the output in anyway and it doesn't matter what fake name he's using. Imo clearly the name 'ananlord' was designed for a series of concept releases and the Tuss is probably closer to aphex twin but still doesnt have the same feel to me as a true aphex twin album.

You'd have a point if the Analords were under the alias "Analord" but they're not. They're under AFX and Aphex Twin (Analord 10).

Guest hahathhat

You'd have a point if the Analords were under the alias "Analord" but they're not. They're under AFX and Aphex Twin (Analord 10).

you'd have a point if analord 10 wasn't a sport.

i love Analord 10 only, and that makes perfect sense to me that it would be under the Aphex Twin alias and not AFX if they indeed are, and that ony reinforces my point that his aphex twin alias is where he releases most of his best material :beer:

It's clear he saves his most laboured material for his Aphex Twin alias... He seems to use the AFX moniker for 'concept' series (Analogue Bubblebath, Hangable Auto Bulb, Analord).

It's clear he saves his most laboured material for his Aphex Twin alias... He seems to use the AFX moniker for 'concept' series (Analogue Bubblebath, Hangable Auto Bulb, Analord).

Its interesting how spot on this observation is. If this trend continues then I guess we can assume that the next Aphex will indeed be the refined product of his previous concepts (analord, tuss)...

Its not clear that his next release will be under the aphex twin moniker

before the tuss release the warp spokesman also said there is going to be a new aphex twin but it was the tuss in the end

before the tuss release the warp spokesman also said there is going to be a new aphex twin but it was the tuss in the end

there doesn't seem to be ample evidence to assume this was Rushup Edge or Confederation Trough he was talking about. To me it's more likely that Aphex has been promising Warp a new album for a while, maybe not contractually obligated to do so in a time window but i er on the side of his Aphex album being delayed when the Warp people though it would be far earlier (around the time of the Tuss, which keep in mind was mostly older material from 2005-6)

Guest Betty

I opened my letterbox today to find that there were no new Aphex albums inside, also there were no new Aphex mp3s attached to any e-mails in my inbox. :undecided:

Guest glasse

Oddly enough Chosen Lords has a better flow start to finish than Drukqs imo. Drukqs just seemed a bit all over the place. Great individual tracks, its just that I like Satie & Cage and I also like fast drill stuff, but I wouldn't usually put them in the same playlist together. So for that reason I do kinda consider Chosen Lords a proper album because I can listen to it like one. I have all the analord tracks but sometimes I still choose to just put on CL anyway.

The Tuss I consider with his other side projects like AFX or Polygon, etc. Is there still really a question that it is him, tho? Hasn't he played Tuss tracks live?

Looking forward to whatever he puts out. Even if the Warp album under Aphex turns out bunk I'm sure something will be coming out in the next year or so. I don't think he's let more than 4 years lapse so far with out something coming out.

I hope the new one isn't like drukqs.

For me, drukqs has it's moments but it has more tracks that I skip than any of his other releases.

My preference would be SAW3, more Analord-ish stuff or something gaining ground in the direction The Tuss was going.

I'm sure I'll love whatever it is.

I don't give a fuck. I'll take anything.

Sorry, but fuck a SAW III. We have enough ambiance. An expanded Tuss would be nice. So would a Drukqs 2.

But really, I'd like to hear something completely different, provided it's not some silly pisstake.

Shit, a silly pisstake would be ok as long as it's good!

I? think Aphex Twin should next enter the field of mechanical music - Pierre Bastien, Felix Thorn etc. I really hope what he does next is nothing remotely like DrukQs. Even though that record is getting close to 10 years old now, it is still the defining musical statement in that field, so there is no need to revisit it.

Guest Helper ET

im not gonna go through this whole thread searching for it, but i keep hearing something about "3 new releases". can someone please point me in the direction of the origin of this information please?

im not gonna go through this whole thread searching for it, but i keep hearing something about "3 new releases". can someone please point me in the direction of the origin of this information please?

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic...t&p=1024510

its underlined in red in the german groove article

Archived