IGNORED

'The Wild Bull' by Morton Subotnick

awepittance

first of all has anyone heard this LP?

I thought i had but after re listening to most of his catalog i realized i either skipped over this one or just didn't pay much attention when i originally had it.

If you haven't listened to it since picking up Autechre's Confield ( like i hadn't) i highly recommend doing so.

This is probably the most potent influence Autechre has picked up in their electronic music sound in the last 10 years i.

Not only do some of the rhythms sound autechrey but the way he manipulates the Buchla is very Fm synthesis esque.

It sounds very much like a proto confield/ep7/draft in a lot of ways.

Now don't think im saying 'guys autechre ripped this off' , i actually think it's pretty fascinating they decided to expand and improve upon this obscure style of electronic music. It would be very hard for someone to convince me that Autechre didn't at one time fall in love with this album.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

just listended to samples of this. wow, it does sound like confield-era autechre!

subot2r.jpg

imagine smoking weed and doing psychedelics in a studio in 1968 making music that sounds like its from 2001, some futuristic shit right there! makes me wonder if AE has at least name dropped him in an interview during the time of EP7/LP5/Confield/Draft

oh and thank you for introducing this to me, awep

no problem worth checking out pretty much his entire catalog from the time of 'silver apples of the moon' (from which the electronic rock band silver apples too their name) to almost 1980

here is the stuff worth getting imo -

# Silver Apples of the Moon (1967)

# The Wild Bull (1968)

# Touch (1969)

# Sidewinder (1971)

# Four Butterflies (1973)

# Until Spring (1975)

19 headaches is definitely a ripoff/homage to this.

what's 19 headaches?

edit: nevermind just found out its the song on peel session 2. btw is the official release of Peel 2 sound low quality recording as if it was pulled from the radio? the only one i have is a very old bootleg recorded off the radio, but i know its had an official release since then

19 headaches is definitely a ripoff/homage to this.

what's 19 headaches?

edit: nevermind just found out its the song on peel session 2. btw is the official release of Peel 2 sound low quality recording as if it was pulled from the radio? the only one i have is a very old bootleg recorded off the radio, but i know its had an official release since then

the official release sounds just like any other official autechre release, imo.

Guest moo duck

definitely those autechre pop musicians fucking ripped that shit off or gave the tender homage to it anyway, i can smell it, 19 headaches is so blatant example. quaristice is a joke

definitely those autechre pop musicians fucking ripped that shit off or gave the tender homage to it anyway, i can smell it, 19 headaches is so blatant example. quaristice is a joke

i would hardly call confield a rip off.

if i remember correctly sean once said that xenakis was their favorite of that generation of electronic composers...

Guest moo duck

i would hardly call my ass an ass, honestly. i call it more tenderly

i would hardly call my ass an ass, honestly. i call it more tenderly

i see. or rather, i don't.

Guest Glass Plate

Yeah I love this song (a lot), I've used it many times to introduce people into the world of analog synthesizers etc

Archived