IGNORED

Jega's 'Variance'|||

Atop

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His live shows are better. Unless, of course, the second disc slays and we've just not heard any samples yet. So far, I'm not that impressed.

I'd be more excited for a new EightFrozenModules release.

release date: Jul 20, 2009

and they just changed the cover

2d993di.jpg

I prefer the first black cover :sad:

There are 2 covers... The other one is a close up of the babby head, kind of like the original cover, but broken up like the new one, and black instead of white.

• 3 weeks later...

the new and approved and imo should be the final artwork because it is better than either of the previous version!

ZIQ024_Jega_Variance3.jpg

and tons of new samples from the record, sounds pretty and a bit like Clark with less compression...

LOL @ the fact they've changed the artwork so close to release... I mean, there is some lead time on getting the inserts printed, and assembled with the jewel case/disc.

The new artwork is better, but not by much. I don't like the SEGA/JEGA ripoff font.

BTW - it's on page 10 of the discography, for anyone interested in hearing the samples. Wish the P-µ website had an inline audio player...

Did he always have those "oooh" female vocals in his tracks? Seems to be a lot of sampling going on - unless he got a bunch of live musicians in or played the instruments himself. Just listened to all the samples of the first disc....

Not terribly impressed overall - though there were some very beautiful moments. But that might just be me and my weird distain for those kind of vocals (not against vocals per se, just those kind of vocals...) I know they're not that prominent but they make it kind of cheesy for me!

http://planet-mu.com/discography/ZIQ024

Archived