IGNORED

what bank do you use?

Guest zaphod

Guest zaphod

i'm considering switching from wachovia. i'm looking at ing direct but i'm not totally sold on it. schwab has an investor checking account that i might look into. both of those are online. as far as brick and mortar banks go, what's good? wachovia has been terrible.

Guest Adjective

i've got wells fargo but only because i took over my great aunt's account when she died. i like that my card says "customer since 1993"

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

chase

i heard a rumour that they are new to california but not to banking

since they took over my wamu accounts the closed my credit card.

personally i say use whatever bank is closest to your house. i fucking hate getting charged $3.50 for withdrawing from another banks atm

Guest Drahken

I have accounts with America West and Zions. No complaints with either one. About the only advice I'd toss in is stay the fuck away from Wamu.

i'm not american but i think wachovia and wells fargo are silly names.

plus, my bank is ING, because my bank died

I have an online ING account and a Wells Fargo brick and mortar account. I like the ING interface and rates, so I figured brick and mortar were on the way to extinction - until I found out recently they don't seem to allow wiring overseas! So I guess Wells still has some advantages.

Guest catsonearth

was with wamu, now it's become chase. thinking about going back to my credit union though. banks are the devil. especially chase.

i'm considering switching from wachovia. i'm looking at ing direct but i'm not totally sold on it. schwab has an investor checking account that i might look into. both of those are online. as far as brick and mortar banks go, what's good? wachovia has been terrible.

wachovia are a bunch of cunts, back when I was in college they bent me over and fucked me pretty hard with their overdraft - no lube, not even the courtesy of a goddamn reacharound. Fuck them

Really though these days it's hard to distinguish one bank from another, I guess it comes down to what's important to you: interest rates, fees for miscellaneous shit, locations of branches/atms, etc. - all of which requires a bit of research, which might not even be worth the effort for what tiny advantage one bank might have over another. When my wife & I moved to Ireland 2 years ago we had about 9 to choose from, I literally just picked one and went with it.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

ing direct is good, you have to change your mindset a little dealing with online only banks, i found that i have to have a good idea of cash inflow/outflow because you can't just run down to the corner to make a deposit if you need to cover some shit right away

Guest zaphod

wachovia are a bunch of cunts, back when I was in college they bent me over and fucked me pretty hard with their overdraft - no lube, not even the courtesy of a goddamn reacharound. Fuck them

Really though these days it's hard to distinguish one bank from another, I guess it comes down to what's important to you: interest rates, fees for miscellaneous shit, locations of branches/atms, etc. - all of which requires a bit of research, which might not even be worth the effort for what tiny advantage one bank might have over another. When my wife & I moved to Ireland 2 years ago we had about 9 to choose from, I literally just picked one and went with it.

overdrafts by college students are admittedly how banks make money, and it does tend to be the fault of the customer for not managing their money well. but i know from personal experience how hard that can be to do when you aren't making enough to cover rent and pay for school, etc. i had some issues with them not too long ago and the customer service on their end was so poor that i've had to reconsider continuing to do business at their bank. although i now make enough money to not really have to worry about going down to the line every time i get paid, but still, it's irritating when you have no sense of commitment to the customer from the company's end.

Guest fiznuthian

hm, may not have heard of it but i use stellarone, which used to be known as first national bank.

as far as i know it's a corporation exclusive to the east coast and only some states.

basically i don't trust banks whatsoever and keep hardly of my money in them.

i stockpile work checks and store cash myself often. i'm probably fucking myself somehow by not utilizing bank services but whatever, im at poverty level living anyways.

Archived