IGNORED

Alien film: District 9

Guest joshier

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

lol at the bug at the end. i love how it's played to be like a "holy shit!" moment in the trailer too, when really it's just completely nerdy and retarded.

Guest jubes

yeah expect aliens (if they really exist) not to ressemble human beings at all, looking like mutated cows and still be able to construct extremely complicated ikea quality space ships

Guest nene multiple assgasms
aliens in movies are never weird enough.

what about the "alien" alien, eh eh?!?!?!?

not even close.

yeah expect aliens (if they really exist) not to ressemble human beings at all, looking like mutated cows and still be able to construct extremely complicated ikea quality space ships

they build their space ships with their prehensile udders.

Guest chax

the aliens are supposed to be a metaphor for muslims, it looks kind of dumb and i'll probably wait until reviews come out on whether to see it. buying into hype is a bad thing in general

Guest Wall Bird

By the way, if all of you are looking for a "realistic" and truly alien representation of extraterrestrial life then you should all read 'Solaris' by Stanislav Lem and, to a lesser degree, go see the films.

Guest joshier
Yeah - Really looking forward to this - I was let down when I heard the Halo movie was pulled so I'm glad the dude was given a shot at making a full length. . . hope it gets a wide release.

Yeah, it's the kind of film you'd want to see at the cinema.

I love the filming style, looks totally new and real.

Guest catsonearth

the plot of this seems reminiscent of one of my favorite 80s movies, "alien nation" and the short film was pretty awesome, so yea...i'm looking forward to this one.

Guest jubes

a really good alien film would be like ppl from a bigger planet with bigger penises etc

the plot of this seems reminiscent of one of my favorite 80s movies, "alien nation" and the short film was pretty awesome, so yea...i'm looking forward to this one.

Is that the same Alien Nation that got turned into a tv series? I remember watching the hell out it back in the day

@joshier - yeah, I find the whole use of digital video to lend an air of realism a fascinating concept - the question becomes, though, how long until people's minds start being as inured to it as they have become to special effects in "normal" film media.

edit: on this tip, check this out (might have already been posted)

yeah, I find the whole use of digital video to lend an air of realism a fucking cliche which has been done to death

Yeah, you're right on that one.

That trailer looks fucking garbage but I will watch the film anyway expecting to be pleasantly surprised. But wait, the element of surprise is eradicated if one goes in with the expectation to be surprised. Yes.

Anyway, Cloverfield was good and exciting even though the trailer sucked so I expect this film to be a contender for blockbuster of the year, just like Independance Day back in the 90's.

Archived