IGNORED

Lying

Guest Etch

Guest Etch

Today I told a lie to get out of work. I did it because I had to. I don't like to lie, especially to nice people. (The people I work with are nice people) But it was necessary.

I don't lie much but I do know that I am exceptionally good at it. I always have been. I can dream up convincing excuses on the spot and they have never backfired on me, I never panic, my responses are calculated and I never falter or contradict. One of the reasons I avoid lying is because I know I will get away with it, or worse, have to maintain it for a long time. It is something I always feel bad about doing, later I will feel worse, then it will subside.

So who lies here? Has lied? Lies often? Is a liar? Lives a lie?

Open up y'all.

pinocchio.png

Guest 277: 930-933

Lying sometimes is unavoidable.

It may be to protect someone or avoid an unnecessary conflict or because the truth is too difficult for somebody to handle.

I try to not see it as lying though, you're just offering someone a different reality/scenario to believe in.

I've lied many times in my time but as I get older the amount of anxiety lying gives me gets greater and greater.

Sometimes you can find yourself in a situation where a lie is needed. Most of the time though, it isn't really worth it.

I try to never lie as a policy

... except to children.

er, i only really lye to my mom when it's to not get into trouble and as you can imagine not much anymore cause i'm not living with her. i too though am a very good lyer, but i still do have a guilty conscience over things like that

Guest abusivegeorge

Small white lies are acceptable especially at work. But lying in general is for worthless cunts.

Guest Etch
I try to not see it as lying though, you're just offering someone a different reality/scenario to believe in.

This

Archived