IGNORED

Dubstep Bass

that ableton video Acid posted has the best representation of a dubstep bassline in this threa

sure a wobble isn't hard to do but the exact timbre is kind of difficult to match

yeah what about the timbre, and don't tell me saw and sub...

seriously get the NI plugin Massive or the VST Albino they have freaking PRESETS that do perfect dubstep bass.

besides using a Virus hardware synth im pretty sure most dubstep people use softsynths to make their stuff

seriously get the NI plugin Massive or the VST Albino they have freaking PRESETS that do perfect dubstep bass.

besides using a Virus hardware synth im pretty sure most dubstep people use softsynths to make their stuff

presets are for bitches

presets are for bitches

i personally don't see a difference on using a preset if you're trying to replicate 100% a sound you've heard somewhere else

presets are for bitches

i personally don't see a difference on using a preset if you're trying to replicate 100% a sound you've heard somewhere else

i understand but how can you take pride in q song you have composed if you didn't make everything from scratch?

that's how you can tell tell the difference from a well produced song from a cheesy one. cheesy presets with just some eq . . . . just not me cup of tits

i understand but how can you take pride in q song you have composed if you didn't make everything from scratch?

your self delusional if you think following steps exactly to recreate someone elses sound of a lead instrument is making things from scratch

If i had any idea what this thread was going to devolve to, I'd have never stared it. Shame on you people.

Thanks for the help though some of you. I've made something that surpasses most of the examples, so I did something right... Will post eventually. Maybe today.

your self delusional if you think following steps exactly to recreate someone elses sound of a lead instrument is making things from scratch

maybe you think that way, but people are always gonna have their own way of making things and adding to an element.

tutorials are just guide lines

Guest thingfish

once american rap picks up dubstep car commercials will be next... or has this already happened?

use a square wave, lowpass filter, layer with low sine wave. on envelopes medium attack, quick release. Perhaps map keytracking to the LFO rate(lfo is mapped to cutoff). Until it sounds "right" to you. What do you mean by tones? There could be more subtleties to creating this sound I don't know though, thats a good place to start.

well, i always wondered what that button does, kbd. track, i don't get it

it alters how much a struck keyboard note affects the filter cutoff.. so the filter will adjust, go up for higher notes and go down for lower notes

its great if you want to achieve a specific tone in all notes.. but bad for bass imho, since bass rarely goes beyond one or two octaves, unless you're doing tuss-like runs, in which a filtered sound sounds better

if you want the easiest way out download NI MAssive or plugin Albino and coast through the presets. there are a handful that are prime ready for dubstep wobble bass, and you can quickly tweak them to customize it a little bit

yeah but albino's LFO amount cannot be automated.. which is a fucking shame

• 1 month later...
Guest countchocula

yeah but albino's LFO amount cannot be automated.. which is a fucking shame

I have done it in FL. I know you can't automate the LFO in Massive if you are using the time signature setting, but you can if you are using the knob setting.

You can automate pretty much anything now in Ableton 8 btw using their configure feature.

Archived