IGNORED

Norm MacDonald

six

Norm used to be one of my favorite performers on SNL, definitely the best anchor in my opinion, and Dirty Work has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. He's kind of dropped off the face of the earth lately after his sitcoms didn't work out, but I guess he's still performing standup.

Anyways, it's my buddy's birthday tonight and he's a huge fan so we're going to see him perform. I'm hoping he'll be great but I also know Norm doesn't really give a shit if he bombs and might just make everyone uncomfortable on purpose. That could be funny too I guess.

He was always one of my favorite guests on Conan.

Later on in the same show where he saves a boring interview with a Melrose Place cast member. Just totally rips her a new one.

Guest zaphod

oh i love him. weirdest timing ever. his appearance on letterman is my fave:

Edited by zaphod

Guest Adjective

this is crazy, i just saw him on letterman last night and watched videos of just his interviews for HOURS

i was going to make a thread dedicated to his interviews

Guest telikan

Yeah, he was on both Stern and Letterman yesterday, and the anticipation alone nearly brought tears to my eyes. Love this man so much. Bags on you fucker!

He's like that annoying guy at the party who is always really drunk and spits on you and won't shut the fuck up.

Guest Adjective
He's like that annoying guy at the party who is always really drunk and spits on you and won't shut the fuck up.

no, i live with that guy, his name isn't Norm

Guest ms-dos

Love him. He's a total trip sometimes because you're not sure if he's doing anti-humor or if he's just being a regular guy. Sometimes he reminds me of a more toned down Andy Kaufman, a stoned Andy Kaufman who never tries too hard. Norm's routines seem totally uncalculated, which is refreshing because he never comes off as one of those cutesy performers who knows (or thinks he knows) how funny he is. I love it when he gets that twinkle in his eye and you just know that he's about to drop a bomb. Watch the Conan clips to see what I mean (Chairman of the Bored).

This is why he's great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gc3QZIMKqA

He has the grace of a swam, the wisdom of an eye, and the eye of an eagle. Ladies and gentleman, this man is for the birds!

Ridiculous

Guest ms-dos

Comedians seem to love Norm. He makes late night hosts laugh harder than anyone else, and if you watch the Roast clips, the audience is uncomfortably silent for quite a while but the comedians are laughing like idiots.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE find the SNL Sketch he did where he impersonated David Letterman constantly repeating the phrase 'you want some gum' it was pure gold.

definitely in my top 5 comedians

his roast of Bob Sagat was phenomenal

'you got a lot of well wishers here tonight'

'and by that i mean they want to throw you down a well'

'now i know that sounds a little harsh but they want to murder you in a well'

'at least that's what it says here on this card'

some of his best stuff is when he gets filthy drunk on the internet Tom Green show which if you do a youtube search there seems to be like 10 episodes of this

Edited by Awepittance

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE find the SNL Sketch he did where he impersonated David Letterman constantly repeating the phrase 'you want some gum' it was pure gold.

God, I've been looking for that and the shrimp one for years.

Guest ms-dos
oh i love him. weirdest timing ever. his appearance on letterman is my fave:

awesome

"and so he goes, 'oh yeah, i'm firing you from the show.' and i say, 'oh, that's not good.' and then i say 'why's that now?' and he goes 'because you're not funny.' and then i said 'holy lord! that's even worse news!'"

that interview also reminds me how cool dave can be.

Guest telikan

it's never been on youtube for as long as I can remember, but just today I see there is in fact a small portion of it posted. just covers the gum part. I think I also remember him talking about going to work out at Crunch, and Tracy Morgan as Biff Henderson. may have been a different one, but when Lovitz hosted he played Marv Albert as a guest on Letterman and there was a cut of him and Biff in an S&M scenario in his blooper reel.

Guest Yegg
seriously man?

you corny ass niggas like this lame shit unfunny fucktard?

hey! fuck you penis breath

Yeah, humorless fatty.