IGNORED

Norm MacDonald

six

what is a 'roasting' exactly? making someone read bad jokes from cards?

A typical roasting is telling the nastiest, most offensive jokes about a notable comedian or person and they just have to sit there and take it. Norm's performance is ridiculous because everyone expected him to bust out his most offensive and raunchy material, and instead he goes with awful g-rated cornball jokes.

Guest boo

but it seems like he has no say in/didn't write what's on the cards anyway

if that's the joke, i apologise

but i found it funnier than other roastings i've seen.

was gonna make a norm mcdonald thread when i saw all the other mcdonald threads. Coulnt fucking stand weekend update without him

same here! its a shame that you cant really get older SNL sketch videos online. What the fuck is their problem? If they charged like $.50 for each old SNL sketch i'd have spent $200 by now. They try their damnedest to pull them all down from youtube i can't even find the gum sketch, which is honestly one of the greatest Norm Macdonald performances of all time.

Guest telikan
but it seems like he has no say in/didn't write what's on the cards anyway

yes, he probably just picked a handful of lines from an old hacky jokeboke featuring zingers from old-timey good natured ribbing roasts, and read them aloud for the first time at the gig.

i can't even find the gum sketch, which is honestly one of the greatest Norm Macdonald performances of all time.

it's never been on youtube for as long as I can remember, but just today I see there is in fact a small portion of it posted. just covers the gum part. I think I also remember him talking about going to work out at Crunch, and Tracy Morgan as Biff Henderson. may have been a different one, but when Lovitz hosted he played Marv Albert as a guest on Letterman and there was a cut of him and Biff in an S&M scenario in his blooper reel.

Edited by telikan

Sucks that it's just audio but his Larry King impression was one of my SNL favorites too

lol i remember that

http://www.fakenews.net/

edit : file archive of Norm

this guy is hosting a shit load of large video files of norm macdonald, seems like a pretty dedicated fan

i was actually trying to find his newest show on Superdeluxe.com which is basically a CGI cartoon of himself reading fake news headlines ala weekend update. Its honestly not that funny, for me his physical mannerisms is like 50% of his humor so it doesn't really work.

Edited by Awepittance

Guest fox

I always thought norm was a little out of phase with this dimension. i think its his voice.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
what is a 'roasting' exactly? making someone read bad jokes from cards?

A typical roasting is telling the nastiest, most offensive jokes about a notable comedian or person and they just have to sit there and take it. Norm's performance is ridiculous because everyone expected him to bust out his most offensive and raunchy material, and instead he goes with awful g-rated cornball jokes.

he's parodying saget's corny jokes from america's funniest home videos.

oh my lol, some of his best moments i think are him loaded on this show not to mention how hilariously unprofessional the Tom green internet show is with all the skype fuckups and dropouts

one slightly off putting thing about Norm recently is he frequently appears on the Oreily factor and the Dennis Miller show but the latter is sometimes pretty funny if you can escape from the Dennis Miller comedy

seriously man?

you corny ass niggas like this lame shit unfunny fucktard?

hey! fuck you penis breath

Yeah, humorless fatty.

werd spiteful cunt

Guest boo
one slightly off putting thing about Norm recently is he frequently appears on the Oreily factor and the Dennis Miller show but the latter is sometimes pretty funny if you can escape from the Dennis Miller comedy

you shouldn't be expecting great stuff from an old comedian

Guest telikan

If you're savvy enough to figure out how to download the Stern show, you should really listen to Norm's segment from yesterday. It's a good hour+ and he tells the same Bob Uecker story from Letterman, and a couple others that are even better.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Norm MacDonald has always been pretty vocally conservative. Didn't know that was news.