IGNORED

Rpeg

Salvatorin

I dunno, I don't like it that much, I'm just not a big fan of meandering/random notes going up and down a scale (see also Dial). Also there are so many other album/EP openers that are better than this, Cipater, GantzGraf, Acroyear2, heck, even Kalpol Introl.

I love the main melody of Rpeg, its not random and its catchy as hell. I'd agree with your statement in regard to Dial but definitely not for Rpeg

I can actually tell you for sure that the sound in the beginning of Rpeg is a highly treated crappy general midi clarinet sound put through backwards flutter reverb.

• 4 months later...

ep7 is definitely one of my fave ae releases, but maphive has always been (and will likely always be) my favorite on the ep by a WIDE margin. i fucking love the entire ep but i don't think any track on it comes close to maphive in terms of emotion, intensity, rich sounds and progression (dropp is the only one that approaches it imo). it's definitely all taste driven though. for instance, i love liccflii (track seems to get a lot of flack here) but hardly listen to ccec. both sit in similar places in my mind, but the vocals on ccec irritate the shit out of me and kind of ruins the nice melody behind it. oh, rpeg is pretty sweet.

EP7 is definately done in max, at least most of the tracks.

One patch I downloaded (probably the leaked one you mentioned) plays Liccflii with the press of a button.

i remember reading an interview in which they said that people tend to attribute the max sequencing where it's not due. iirc they said they only did two or so tracks with sequencing in max, and that they were heavily edited after that anyways (not sure if that was in the scope of the album they were talking about or for all of their releases.. might have been confield). the liccflii patch is fucking sweet, but its clear listening to the final version that that's not the only thing that went into it.

• 8 years later...

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

RpegRpegRpegRpegRpegRpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived