IGNORED

tobacco - the allegheny whitefish tapes

TOBACCO

The Allegheny White Fish Tapes CD

COMING SUMMER 2009

PREORDER $12

Rad Cult 2009

awfthumb.jpg

collection of tobacco's early tapes from 1996-1999. over 70 minutes of mostly unreleased/unheard broken ghetto-blaster songs. warped drum machines, purple noise, ripped cassettes, and melodies to calm you down.

pre-vocoder & synths, post-apocalypse.

tobacco's balls to the wall high school era tapes. shipping now.

listened to it and it reminds me of my first solo stuff on my old four trk...

good stuff...

a lot different than BMSR or his newer music but I guess that was to be expected...and yes, much like the satanstompingcaterpillars

Guest Glass Plate

does any one know what who uses for his drums? such as tracks like "The Bees Love me" like is it recorded set, or samples onto MPC or what? I was just wondering, it seems like the drum tone he uses a lot.

does any one know what who uses for his drums? such as tracks like "The Bees Love me" like is it recorded set, or samples onto MPC or what? I was just wondering, it seems like the drum tone he uses a lot.

I think they are sequenced and sampled beats degraded with BoC style techniques but live BMSR plays with a drummer....she's really good but it is emulating the recordings of the drums in BMSR, she does a great job of it but doesn't have that staticky/analogue/lo-fi sound the records do......

and I am sure Tobacco live uses samples.....

probably an mpc or some other sampler, he uses an akai? vocoder to make melodies for his vocals.....

Mogwai borrowed his vocoder on their tour of the US in 2005....

i am pretty sure that falling through a field, start a people, and dandelion gum were made by tobacco using samples from the drummer. i have no idea about these early tapes though

that is cool....

I was wondering how she played everything so well......

I just thought she is a great drummer, which she is but to sample a live drummer and then process it makes me think even more highly of Tobacco's skills.....

she is an awesome drummer, last time i saw bmsr live i got a nice booth type seat off to the side near the drums.

i can't speak to tobacco's skills though as i am sorry to say i cant make a lick of music. alls i know is i like it!

Archived