IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

For Me, Clark Is A Major Inspiration In Much That I Do.

'Empty The Bones Of You' and 'Ceramics Is The Bomb'

Came At A Time When I Was Starved For Inspiration

Musically And Otherwise,They Filled Me Completely.

The Only Song I Have Ever Deleted From Clark Collection

Is 'Rainbow Voodoo' (makes my skin crawl)

'Totems Flare' Has Taken Me Some Time To Sink Into.

I Like It Alot. It Has Grown On Me And I Think It Will Continue.

Some of The Tracks Like (Talis) Are Just So Electric And Emotional.

If I May Be So Bold, I Think Clark Deserves A Place Of His Own Here On WATMM.

thank you Jules, it's good to be greeted with a sm!le :smile:

i haven't been quite the same since i put 'Clarence Park'

on the record player, one snowy afternoon in

the mountains of Western North Carol!na.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GrandPopPoplock

For Me, Clark Is A Major Inspiration In Much That I Do.

'Empty The Bones Of You' and 'Ceramics Is The Bomb'

Came At A Time When I Was Starved For Inspiration

Musically And Otherwise,They Filled Me Completely.

'Totems Flare' Has Taken Me Some Time To Sink Into.

I Like It Alot. It Has Grown On Me And I Think It Will Continue.

Some of The Tracks Like (Talis) Are Just So Electric And Emotional.

If I May Be So Bold, I Think Clark Deserves A Place Of His Own Here On WATMM.

thank you Jules, it's good to be greeted with a sm!le :smile:

i haven't been quite the same since i put 'Clarence Park'

on the record player, one snowy afternoon in

the mountains of Western North Carol!na.

I haven't been the same since I heard Ted 3-4 years ago

Picture4-1.png

Yes...I'm obsessed lol

just ordered the hidden (lol) clark shirt in the bleep shop:

CLARKT3.jpg

I got it over the summer...very nice quality and fit for me. :cool: I could do without the "CLARK" text on the sleeve, as I usually don't care for anything on the sleeves, but it's faint enough to not bother me. I was inspired to get it from this picture:

Clark+piggies.jpg

Since there is resistance to creating a Clark forum, maybe this thread should be either:

1) moved to the Music Discussion forum, since it's turning into a general Clark thread and Totems Flare isn't really new anymore.

or

2) Locked so we can start a Clark metathread.

the shirt looks even more awesome on the picture can't wait for it to arrive

thx for posting the picture I did some kind of research how it looked but did not find anything

I'm too anal to ever delete parts of albums, but I agree that that track is a whole pile of shit. Embarrassing.

so warp shirts are printed on what brand of shirts? just wonderinggg

all the clark shirts are compressed. order 3 sizes up from your normal size.

Lol

I just got my clark shirt; hugs my flesh like a :pedobear: . In regards to the brand mine has a WARP tag, followed by "Reasonable Person" (if that answers your question).

Quality? it's organic fucking _________ !

so warp shirts are printed on what brand of shirts? just wonderinggg

all the clark shirts are compressed. order 3 sizes up from your normal size.

Lol

I just got my clark shirt; hugs my flesh like a :pedobear: . In regards to the brand mine has a WARP tag, followed by "Reasonable Person" (if that answers your question).

Quality? it's organic fucking _________ !

Me too, mine gives a respectful distance around my gut, thankfully. Nice sort of charcoal colour. That 'Reasonable Person' tag has been on their shirts for a few years now.

I'm too anal to ever delete parts of albums, but I agree that that track is a whole pile of shit. Embarrassing.

i love rainbow voodoo. its total evil carnival music.

Yep, it was a low point in the album. Don't like it atall. Not as bad as Ae's IO which i cannot stand and always skip. The good thing about Voodoo is that you skip to Look Into The Heart Now. A track i never tire of listening to.

Guest bitroast

Not as bad as Ae's IO which i cannot stand and always skip. The good thing about Voodoo is that you skip to Look Into The Heart Now. A track i never tire of listening to.

:facepalm:

lol totally. look into the heart now is my least fav. love rainbow voodoo. lovo IO.

wtffffff.

Guest bitroast

clarkdance.gif

LOL

does anyone have the gif of aphex pumping his fist into the air? could start a collection here. what about squarepusher chuggin absolut vodka? and who could forget the classic gif of autechre staring blankly at their gear in darkness.

lol totally. look into the heart now is my least fav. love rainbow voodoo. lovo IO.

wtffffff.

Look into the Heart Now was also one of my least favorites. But last time I played it I appreciated it more. However, it does peter out about 2/3 through, as if it were an album closer or something. Makes me think "Come on! Let's pick it up!"

Guest nene multiple assgasms

and who could forget the classic gif of autechre staring blankly at their gear in darkness.

they're such party animals lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, I hate to say it, but like most of Clark's recent releases, this one too has been quickly forgotten. Not saying the tracks aren't any good, but like a lot of his recent material, it's forgettable. :closedeyes:

I totally agree. I completely loved it when it first came out, but as always I'm just going back to listening to Clarence Park and Empty The Bones Of You (With a side salad of Ceramics Is The Bomb)

I can actually agree with this... though that could be because I listened to the album a shit load in a short period of time. But now because its mostly predictable its far less exciting. First listen though was definitely a highlight in music this year for me.

I think it's too soon to say it's forgettable. Some may have overplayed it a bit so maybe you're taking a break, Some are taking it in moderation and revisiting older stuff because why not? I think it's too soon, for me anyway, to say that this album is forgettable. Only time will tell how it stands up in the grand scheme of things.

Did that make any sense at all? I'm really tired today. My eyelids are very heavy and burn a little.

Of course it's perfectly normal that it is in fact forgettable to some. Which means I'm probably not making any sense at all. :crazy:

Archived