IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

That's funny. I saw the Plaid, Chris Clark, Luke Vibert lineup a few years back.

That's right, they toured together in this neck of the woods aswell back in 2004. They must really enjoy eachothers company to keep sharing a bus together.

It's the Disco Bus.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah mixed feelings from that sampler... though samplers kind of are a terrible way of judging so i'll reserve judgement. I dug some of it though definitely... but it seems like hit or miss.

I guess I'm in the minority thinking that, besides the "clark" typo, it's an embarrassing cover?

maybe ... but it's a proud minority ..

Sampler turns me rather off than on :(

yeah i don't know what's new or 'progressive' about this ... but whatever .. i'm a picky old grouch ...

I'm not just being negative for the sake of it - but that sampler was really very, very disappointing. I only liked 'Growl's Garden' off it, and I wasn't THAT huge on that track to begin with.

this sampler is even worse than judging an album by 30 second itunes tidbits. ill wait to hear the whole thing, but it sounds like there is def some very curious things going on here....

i have to say that this 'sampler' he posted is the first really interesting sounding stuff i've heard by Clark. I liked his earlier music because it sounded like aphex twin's fun music but his attempts at being weird and experimental haven't really gelled for me until what i heard on Totems flare

I'm going to go ahead and assume this will be awesome because there is considerable debate in this thread and fanboys ALWAYS (read: ALWAYS) bash new material.

im going to assume it will be awesome because of his track record and really everything he releases keeps me thinking how awesome he is

Guest tibbar

this is hard for me to say... i was SO FUCKING into empty the bones/ceramics, SO into all the stuff around body riddle (throttle furniture/ted ep/throttle clarence), REALLY into the throttle promoter 12", liked about half of turning dragon alot.... but right around there man....

i dont know. i think my interest in the man's work is starting to wane. seems kinda aimless and to be honest... corny as hell. i bitched about growls garden cuz it was an ep with only one song with vocals, and i actually quite liked it. now i hear this sampler, and the song with vocals around the middle is EMBARRASSINGLY bad. now i feel like NO stop doing vocals if thats what youre gonna write. that was AWFUL.

i dont even think i want to hear this record, lest it TOTALLY ruin my opinion of him, jike JIM did for me with lidell.

Archived