IGNORED

Clark - Totems Flare

o00o

im so glad people are as excited by this as i am. the little carnival grove towards the end of rainbow voodoo is the shit! man, so good. im so infatuated by the closing 3 tracks too. the song growls garden really is a masterpiece. i love that he is being so progressive with everything here. so many ideas meld perfectly. i feel like this is really cohesive. not sure why people feel like its all over the place. it all fits for me.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't appreciate growls garden to the full extend until the album was released

It fits in there much better than on the ep and makes so much more sense now

the only track that doesnt really do it for me on turning dragon is truncation horn.

also I don't get what all the hate is for volcan veins, its a killer track especially towards the end when it really breaks down.

back to turning dragon though, its definately growing on me which is surprising considering I thought it was ace from first listen

I am pretty sure he can play it

great post rock flavor - he could do much more in this direction

yea, that would be crazy to do more like that. he should do 1 10 minute post rock track.

ahhhh...the groove at the beginning of Look Into The Heart Now.....woooooooooooooooooooooo

yeah he certainly fucking nailed the melodies on this album but his beat complexity has dropped off a bit, like totem crackerjack and talis and stuff... pretty sick beats there but they definately could have benefitted from more variety/switching up plus I know Clark has the ability to write a dirty beat but there are only a few of those to be found here.

once again though its awesome, still fucking loving the ending to outside plume

Guest Grizz

Suns of Temper is Clarks very own post rock track. Sounds like a much more electronic orientated Mogwai track to me.

And Haunting Soul, for me aside from For Wolves Crew, Volcan Veins is my favorite tune from Turning Dragon. Always the one that makes me pop my shoulders chicka

Guest Renivatio
First 5 tracks and last 2 yeah, but it really dips in quality in the middle

Are you referring to Turning Dragon?

I must say that Gaskarth / Cyrk Dedication, Ache Of The North and Mercy Sines are some of my favorites off that album. The only part I don't enjoy as much is the beginning of BEG. The ending is awesome though.

Yeah, I kinda agree with Grizz, with the quality dropping in the middle...I didn't enjoy Gaskarth/ Cyrk Dedication and Mercy Sines much...but Ache of the North is brilliant with its wonderful progressions. Beg, I personally loved it, and maddestmax is dead on with the ending. Awsm ending with a killr transition into Penultimate Persian. :sorcerer:

After listening to the sampler I thought that I wouldn't like the record, but I checked out the leak today and it's great.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

I expected this album to be terrible. I'm glad I was wrong.

:braindance: :braindance: :braindance:

Guest Grizz

Off with the persons head who made the samplers. Although I suppose anyone who had the task of making those samplers would fuck it up as you can't decipher Clark in 10 second segments.

P.S. Clark fanboys in this thread, represent

Guest maddestmax

Just gave this a go on my system for the first time (headphones before)

and i must say there is a lot of crazy stereo effects going on that rocked me in my seat.

Totem Crackerjack is such ride. The album is like a themepark. Such intense moments all over the place.

I basicly give fuck about what pitchfork.com has to say

but I do wonder how they, if the review this, will rate this.

They gave Body Riddle an 8,5 and Turning Dragon an 8,2.

Guest Grizz

Yeah Ive got it on again this morning, and had it on last night when I got back from town pissed as a fart. Music for all moods. Gonna have some weed for the first time in 4-5 months and put it on too. Good times. I cant fucking get enough of this album now.

Happy Sunday Bob

this gets better every spin. i can not stop singing rainbow voodoo and i have no idea what im even saying. blah blah blah do do do blah blah in the rainbow dooo...

Guest Jacck
this gets better every spin. i can not stop singing rainbow voodoo and i have no idea what im even saying. blah blah blah do do do blah blah in the rainbow dooo...

Here's what I hear for the first bit:

'Go outside, go outside

Don't turn around girl

Yeah but [/baby] don't you

The rainbow girl

And I wanna go inside

The molecule girl

I'm a rainbow girl'

Complete what the fuck.

Archived