IGNORED

Call For Submissions: A Tribute to the music of Internet Memes

Hi everybody!

I would like to put together a compilation of music by you, the music makers, with the theme of Internet Memes.

So basically, you take a popular internet meme like All Your Base or Yatta or Keyboard Cat or Numa Numa, whatever, and do a sweet cover or remix of the music.

I'm gonna leave this pretty open, I don't want to get bogged down on rules and stuff, and I'll probably put everything submitted on the compilation, unless I get over 2 hours worth of submissions (in which case, I'll decide how best to cull it down).

You can even take things that are just short things like peanutbutter jelly time or the leek girl song and make a full track out of it or something. In fact, if you want to take a meme like Charlie Bit Me and make a song based on the audio of that, that's cool too, although I would like to encourage as many people as possible to actually do a cover version of a song that already exists cos I think it'll be more fun to listen to.

I don't care if more than one person does a cover/remix of the same song, I'd be surprised if they sounded anything alike anyway.

The due date is 31st of July.

I want to give plenty of time cos this is just for fun. I'll put it up on archive.org unless someone who knows coding wants to make a page for it. But I promise I'll make some nice artwork for it.

You can either PM me your submission or post it in this thread. I haven't organised one of these things before so I'm apologising in advance if I miss someone's submission or just screw up in any way :P

And here are a few examples in case you're not sure what I'm talking about:

i thought i should do caramelldansen since its swedish and all but the AYB song is going great, i've transcribed most of it, time to fuck it up drill style

I was also thinking of doing carameldansen cos... I have to admit... it's a bit of a guilty pleasure... I do like the song quite a bit :P

I think I'm gonna do Keyboard Cat but like I said... anyone can do whatever, even if someone else is doing it.

Guest Adjective

sweet i already did a cover of keyboard cat for a friend's ringtone

guess i'll flesh it out

• 3 weeks later...

can we do combos?

If so i wanna do:

rick roll

don't tase me bro

screaming/ring modulating cat

grape stomping lady

sneezing panda

german kid screaming at computer