IGNORED

Good podcasts?

Npoess

I don't think I've posted in here so I'll mention a few:

We Have Concerns

Why We Bleep (only one episode, but it was good, hoping it's a regular thing)

Deep State Radio

Synth Stories (from Ask.Audio, very erratic in tone and content and frequency, but there have been a few good interviews)

Sound Matters

Philosophy Bites

HP Lovecraft Literary Podcast

The Allusionist

We Have Concerns

Deep State Radio

Synth Stories (from Ask.Audio, very erratic in tone and content and frequency, but there have been a few good interviews)

Sound Matters

Philosophy Bites

The Allusionist

deep state seems a little old person establishment takes to me...still enjoyable

philosophy bites and social science bites are dry but agreed...a wealth...a wealth of good info...

cum town is okay for 10 minutes and then im done for dick jokes for a week

• 2 weeks later...

We Have Concerns

Deep State Radio

Sound Matters

Philosophy Bites

The Allusionist

deep state seems a little old person establishment takes to me...still enjoyable

philosophy bites and social science bites are dry but agreed...a wealth...a wealth of good info...

cum town is okay for 10 minutes and then im done for dick jokes for a week

Deep State is generally an enjoyable listen. They're rarely 'right' but mostly informed and such.

Never listened to Social Science Bites, but if it's the same idea/people/style then cool. Dry is correct, but they're still a little playful and in general it works for philosophy and short episodes.

Onion's A Very Fatal Murder is decent fun so far, only a couple episodes in so far. Works even better since I just finished S-Town/ShitTown/whatever a week or so ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used to listen to We Hate Movies but that grated after awhile. I think to host them you need to be a bit of a cynical dick, the one they done on The Running Man was fun though.

Edited by tec

some time last summer i stopped listening to cum town bc it just got extremely samey and nick was like not even making the slightest effort. it just turned into making fun of adam and nick telling the same stories. 

anyway, just this morning i listened to ep "cum town classic." flol i'm so back into it now

Really like the idea behind "How Did This Get Made?" but can't stand the insufferable hosts.

Any recs for podcasts talking about bad movies?

There's one called The Flop House, but only listened to a couple episodes ages ago so can't really comment on the quality. Edited by misc

haven't listened to cum town in a while but i saw this

adam friedland's girlfriend sounds like nick mullen's impression of him

eating rats flol

some time last summer i stopped listening to cum town bc it just got extremely samey and nick was like not even making the slightest effort. it just turned into making fun of adam and nick telling the same stories. 

anyway, just this morning i listened to ep "cum town classic." flol i'm so back into it now

stavros penis, nick chink and adam aids was a big ol lol in a recent one

I used to listen to We Hate Movies but that grated after awhile. I think to host them you need to be a bit of a cynical dick, the one they done on The Running Man was fun though.

Really like the idea behind "How Did This Get Made?" but can't stand the insufferable hosts.

Any recs for podcasts talking about bad movies?

There's one called The Flop House, but only listened to a couple episodes ages ago so can't really comment on the quality.

Thanks, will check these out

• 3 months later...

stavros penis, nick chink and adam aids was a big ol lol in a recent one
recently been listening back to some earlier episodes and my god the dynamic is totally different. nick is way more laid back and goofy, laughs all the time, adam talks a lot and stav is more hesitant. i think nick has had way less fun with it over time.

it’s weird bc i’ve been listening almost since the beginning and listening back to the early ones it feels like it’s like 10 years ago.

Edited by Alcofribas

generally agree that earlier episodes are much funnier and sillier but they've hit a recent vein of form with the owning of the o and a subreddit and whatnot. also nick honestly admitting that he likes IDM and aphex twin was great. love the cum boys

the o & a subreddit is amazing. one of the funniest things on the internet. it's completely relentless, from anthony's brother going on the people's court and actually referencing reddit to one of the subreddit members accidentally killing his kid when he tried to steal a visio soundbar from a walmart. it is exactly everything the opie and anthony show represents. only thing to compare it to is 4chan circa mid 2000s. the cum town subreddit is pathetic by comparison, just a bunch of lame "what about ______ but instead it's ________" gay jokes and losers from the chapo subreddit having struggle sessions because they can't comprehend humor. also cum town pretty much ceased to be funny like six months ago. it's the most formulaic shit ever and they all seem to hate doing it.

Edited by zaphod