IGNORED

Good podcasts?

Npoess

• 4 weeks later...

A friend recommended me this, apparently a well-written murder case that has you sitting on the edge of your car seat:

https://serialpodcast.org/

Trolling or just actually hearing about this? Was literally the biggest podcast ever when it came out, maybe still is. Second season was good but not as /dramatic/

Offshoot Shit Town (S-Town) is also good, but definitely different.

A friend recommended me this, apparently a well-written murder case that has you sitting on the edge of your car seat:

https://serialpodcast.org/

Trolling or just actually hearing about this? Was literally the biggest podcast ever when it came out, maybe still is. Second season was good but not as /dramatic/

Offshoot Shit Town (S-Town) is also good, but definitely different.

What? Had no idea, never heard about it before. I take that you recommend it?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

here's a good podcast: h ttp://acquiringthetaste.com/podcast/?name=2018-01-15_01-15-18_006_acquiring_the_taste_podcast.mp3

it's about funny people in a headshop

Edited by Salvatorin

he seems like an attention seeker. sad to listen to that show when stav is the one killing himself.

its getting grim but compelling in a sad way i guess. less funny

idk, they just seem lackadaisical as a result of making a shit ton of money just to sit around bullshitting for two hours a week — way too much time on their hands with plenty of time to feel depressed, in nick’s case bc he knows he’s not doing anything “artistic” and in stav’s case bc he’s trapped in a pathetic physical cycle where all he wants is to just let go and indulge but knows it’s bad for him. nick’s personality seems to thrive off of antagonizing others, being a bad boy, but really cumtown has just rewarded him for something basically unchallenging. stav’s problems are much deeper in a way and it probably sucks for him to know all the money and popularity doesn’t change the fact that he just feels like shit and wants to eat. he’s been talking about killing himself way longer than nick has.

Adam is fine though lol

the nick/stav dynamic is identical to the old opie and anthony show jim norton/bob kelly friendship. norton was a narcissistic former "addict" ie. stopped drinking wine coolers at age 17 while kelly was legitimately fucked up and ended up funneling his addiction into food. jim norton would constantly talk about killing himself, his depression, his vain failure as a comedian, while bob kelly actually continued doing stand up and got fatter and fatter. stav even talks like bob, with his "i had a bad one last night with eldis", "i'm a paleo warrior" and then two days later "i'm on a real bender". although this is the unfortunate eternal optimism and denial of the fat person. stav is truly an addict, i hope he gets help. nick might die if he keeps doing benzos, and will most definitely relapse into whatever his alcoholism looked like if he continues abusing, but i doubt that happens. he literally talks about killing himself on every podcast i've ever heard him on. 

i guess adam is rich vos. 

the nick/stav dynamic is identical to the old opie and anthony show jim norton/bob kelly friendship. norton was a narcissistic former "addict" ie. stopped drinking wine coolers at age 17 while kelly was legitimately fucked up and ended up funneling his addiction into food. jim norton would constantly talk about killing himself, his depression, his vain failure as a comedian, while bob kelly actually continued doing stand up and got fatter and fatter. stav even talks like bob, with his "i had a bad one last night with eldis", "i'm a paleo warrior" and then two days later "i'm on a real bender". although this is the unfortunate eternal optimism and denial of the fat person. stav is truly an addict, i hope he gets help. nick might die if he keeps doing benzos, and will most definitely relapse into whatever his alcoholism looked like if he continues abusing, but i doubt that happens. he literally talks about killing himself on every podcast i've ever heard him on.

i guess adam is rich vos.

yeah it’s pretty fucked up actually — stav has a box full of drugs he uses as a supplement to his desperate addiction to food and everything bad for him and nick just comes over, pops some pills and cries about how he can’t be in an ibm commercial.

I generally still enjoy Cum Town, but there was a period when it dropped off pretty hard.

In addition to Chapo I've been listening to

Trillbilly Workers Party

Pod Damn America

The Dollop

And Introducing

Edited by hautlle

• 1 month later...

dunno if it's been mentioned already, but if you like (somewhat) lovecraftian horror stuff, check out The Magnus Archives. I've been listening to them before falling asleep lately and I find the stories sticking with me for a while, and generally wanting to hear more. Each episode stands alone, but there is a larger plot that becomes clear, if only in the background. I'm not far enough in to say much about it, but am intrigued.

http://rustyquill.com/the-magnus-archives/

Do I need to be extremely stoned to listen to cumtown or something? I have tried the odd current episode in the past but wasn't too into it, maybe I should try their much earlier stuff?

And yeah The Dollop is pretty great.

Tried Trashfuture, each of the host's Twitter TL is pretty great but just not feeling it as a podcast.

• 2 weeks later...

dont tell anyone about this, and especially dont tell anyone i told u about this, but theres this podcast at 

http://expnoise.com

watmms best kept secrete. keep it underground, tell no one.

punk ep was great, some good recommendations. playful quips, pro moderating, good dynamic i like it fellas

dunno if it's been mentioned already, but if you like (somewhat) lovecraftian horror stuff, check out The Magnus Archives. I've been listening to them before falling asleep lately and I find the stories sticking with me for a while, and generally wanting to hear more. Each episode stands alone, but there is a larger plot that becomes clear, if only in the background. I'm not far enough in to say much about it, but am intrigued.

http://rustyquill.com/the-magnus-archives/

I don't get to listen to podcasts as much as I used to but i enjoyed the first few episodes of this. Good rec.

Edited by tec