IGNORED

Luke Vibert - We Hear You

Guest bitroast

Guest catsonearth
I can't really figure out why I don't like his new stuff, but its just different. I just can't pinpoint exactly how. Maybe more robotic? I really do like the samples here though, better than CDR.

personally, i think it was the switch from using an old atari with cubase to a laptop running reason. that's just how i see it, but imo musipal was his last great album and that was pretty much his last atari album. there's been some good stuff since then, but all-in-all even the best of it is not as good as his pre-musipal output. it's like he had to start from scratch learning a new set up and because of that his stuff doesn't sound as...accomplished as it used to? i dunno. it doesn't have that same magic.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't really figure out why I don't like his new stuff, but its just different. I just can't pinpoint exactly how. Maybe more robotic? I really do like the samples here though, better than CDR.

personally, i think it was the switch from using an old atari with cubase to a laptop running reason. that's just how i see it, but imo musipal was his last great album and that was pretty much his last atari album. there's been some good stuff since then, but all-in-all even the best of it is not as good as his pre-musipal output. it's like he had to start from scratch learning a new set up and because of that his stuff doesn't sound as...accomplished as it used to? i dunno. it doesn't have that same magic.

I tend to agree, maybe overworks his tracks now whereas in the past he's said he work on one thing at a time until completion due to space limitations of his sampler and computer... Just a thought. Still love luke though.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reserving judgement, samples don't always do the music justice, I hated the sample of his FaltyDl remix, but when it came out and I heard it in full I loved it. Rhythm has aged much better than I expected and I have come to appreciate its simplicity, I just hope this release isn't over burdened with samples.

Guest Synthacat 9

[vimeo]5710228[/vimeo]

just a mix

The first tracks sounds quite dub-steppy sad.gif I'll probably buy it anyway.

maybe it's because I like some dubstep but I think it's awesome to hear luke doing it, putting his spin on it

[vimeo]5710228[/vimeo]

just a mix

maybe it's because I like some dubstep but I think it's awesome to hear luke doing it, putting his spin on it

spac hand luke?~?~??!?!?!?

Guest Synthacat 9

[vimeo]5710228[/vimeo]

just a mix

spac hand luke?~?~??!?!?!?

sidthug & amen andrews vs spac hand luke are great, was sayin that cuz of the original post I quoted

Picked this up today. The first track is impossibly heavy. Massive jungle bass and tasty clap arrangement, i love it. RUDE.

Love the the third track as well, i love how he uses that looped sax sample as i kind of weird acid line? Then it gets replaced with an actual 303 line.

5th track is funky as fuck.

In fact its all good. Only track i dont like is Dive and Lie Wrecked, just cos it uses the horrible wab wab bass thats all the rage in cheesy dnb and dubstep at the mo

ok, i don't know if i'm the only one , but the second to last track, "electrophy?. i listened to it and it has sort of a difference structure than most of his tracks. like more difficult sounding, yet it's done very nicely. the sound was vibert but the structure i think could be any one of those tricky experimentalist tracks

feel me?

ok, i don't know if i'm the only one , but the second to last track, "electrophy?. i listened to it and it has sort of a difference structure than most of his tracks. like more difficult sounding, yet it's done very nicely. the sound was vibert but the structure i think could be any one of those tricky experimentalist tracks

feel me?

Electrophy is f'n great! That part in the middle with the rising tones...bong hits anyone? Yeah.

The record is strong. Really strong.

Archived