IGNORED

Birmingham, Alabama police beating video

Rubin Farr

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rumbo

Police force is a gang. As soon as you join there is an expectation that you "look after your own" and "protect your brothers". There are many circumstances where a crime against a member of the public is not fully investigated or even ignored, whereas if a crime against a fellow police officer is committed, you can expect half the force to immediately act. These people are not related to each other, their only connection is that they work in the same organisation. This is the same bonding mechanism that is used to form a cohesive fighting unit in the military, where I would argue that it's appropriate. But the para-militarisation of the Police who conduct civil duties doesn't warrant this kind of gang mentality.

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one."

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guest Gary C

I can't see the video (at work), but since I haven't seen it mentioned either way I'll safely assume that the beaten-party isn't black. If he were black and beaten in Alabama, we'd be talking riots.

Jus' sayin'.

Archived