IGNORED

Skinny Puppy - tba

Guest tibbar

i love it all, its ALL my fav

if you havent heard the last ohGr record, let me say that you should... fans of the older style have been coming around to that record (which doesnt sound ANYTHING like welt or sunnypsyop).

Thanks for the recommendation. I gave it a listen and it wasn't bad; I liked it more than TGWOTR and Mythmaker, but not as much as most of the older SP (it might grow on me more though). I think the contemporary musician who comes closest to old SP (in the ways that matter to me) is Shackleton. There are a lot of obvious differences between them, but old SP had a mood that I find pretty unique, and I think it is shared by a lot of Shackleton's tracks (I have in mind stuff like "The Rope Tightens," "The Branch is Weak," "Death is Not Final," and so on.)

isnt shackelton a dubstep artist or am i thinking of someone else?

you guys should check out nommo ogo, they remind me a lot of older download like furnace era

Closest thing to Skinny Puppy i've listened to/heard is Front Line Assembly

oh shit, then you are REALLY missing out... FLA is kinda... hm, how do i say this without insulting the shit out of FLA fans? um... if Puppy was the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Front Line would be the live action He-Man movie; awesome in its own kinda lame way, but not a masterpiece of art by any means.

Bill Leeb used to be in Skinny Puppy genius.

Guest grue
i love it all, its ALL my fav

if you havent heard the last ohGr record, let me say that you should... fans of the older style have been coming around to that record (which doesnt sound ANYTHING like welt or sunnypsyop).

Thanks for the recommendation. I gave it a listen and it wasn't bad; I liked it more than TGWOTR and Mythmaker, but not as much as most of the older SP (it might grow on me more though). I think the contemporary musician who comes closest to old SP (in the ways that matter to me) is Shackleton. There are a lot of obvious differences between them, but old SP had a mood that I find pretty unique, and I think it is shared by a lot of Shackleton's tracks (I have in mind stuff like "The Rope Tightens," "The Branch is Weak," "Death is Not Final," and so on.)

isnt shackelton a dubstep artist or am i thinking of someone else?

you guys should check out nommo ogo, they remind me a lot of older download like furnace era

Yeah, Shackleton is dubstep, but he is on the fringes. As I said, there are a lot of differences between him and SP, but I think a lot of his tracks have the same sort of vibe. For instance (excusing youtube quality):

I'll give nommo ogo a try sometime.

Guest tibbar

oh shit, then you are REALLY missing out... FLA is kinda... hm, how do i say this without insulting the shit out of FLA fans? um... if Puppy was the Lord Of The Rings trilogy, Front Line would be the live action He-Man movie; awesome in its own kinda lame way, but not a masterpiece of art by any means.

yeh he was in puppy for some live shows and did synth bass on some tracks... not very influential in their sound. genius.

Guest tibbar

yeh grue, i get what you mean about occupying the same kinda space... its very cool. ill check some more out soon. awepittance: ill check out that nommo ogo

i recommend the Nommo Ogo album 'The Sea Finally Surfaces' on isolate records or the new one coming out on my label ' Across time and space' :angry: you'll be the first to know when it's out. check out this picture i just took of the CD i'm putting out. We got a custom made digipack of a non folded cross shape that i'm pretty proud of. I'll be posting audio samples soon. In the

meantime you can hear some here http://www.recordlabelrecords.org/rlr08_preview.html

please don't take this as spamming i just think that for me personally this band carries the torch in a lot of ways for what skinny puppy was for me back in the day . the musical style isn't all that similar but the experimental /jammy dark vibe is.

post-403-1243585820_thumb.jpg

post-403-1243585831_thumb.jpg

post-403-1243585840_thumb.jpg

post-403-1243585821_thumb.jpg

yeh he was in puppy for some live shows and did synth bass on some tracks... not very influential in their sound. genius.

genius!

Guest tibbar

from wikipedia: "Leeb began his musical career with industrial band Skinny Puppy under the pseudonym of Wilhelm Schroeder in 1985, contributing bass synth and occasional backing vocals to a few of their recordings and concerts from his period. He left in mid 1986 and formed his own industrial project Front Line Assembly..."

also from wikipedia: "Skinny Puppy is a Canadian band, formed in Vancouver, British Columbia in 1982. Initially envisioned as an experimental side project by cEvin Key (born Kevin Crompton) while he was in the new wave band Images In Vogue, Nivek Ogre (born Kevin Ogilvie) soon joined as vocalist and Skinny Puppy evolved into a full-time project."

so Leeb (which is listed as a guest) joined in '85 (3 years into the band existing) and only stuck around for like a year (mostly as a live performer). not really what i would call influential in their sound, or their 27 year history.

yeah if you want some darkwave industrial ebm that's not as cheesy as FLA which for some reason i find Bill Leeb's voice really hard to take. I often like the music in front line assembly stuff but not the vocals. Did you guys know he sampled chemical brothers and ventolin on one of his albums?!

I prefer bands like Leatherstrip for alternative ebm style to Skinny Puppy. The early albums made by leatherstrip are quite good as that type of industrial goes.

Guest tibbar

im VERY picky about industrial stuff outside of the puppy camp. i love throbbing gristle, coil, swans, pink dots, ministry, revco, old pigface (fook and notes), first couple chris connely records, and occasional tracks from severed heads, die warzau, tkk, haujobb, x-marks the pedwalk, etc

PS: lovin lich's shadow men single man... we gettin some lich hardcopy on yr label anytime soon?

Guest tibbar

LOL not only did he sample puppy's "worlock" in a song... he actually had the balls to sample OGRE SINGING from that song. wow, bill leeb... just... wow

• 2 months later...
Guest tibbar

In_Solvent_See_tour.jpg

PRE-SALE TIX FOR "IN SOLVENT SEE" TOUR 2009

10/30 - Glasshouse - Pomona, CA

11/1 - Regency Center @ The Grand - San Francisco, CA

11/2 - Wonder Ballroom - Portland, OR

11/4 - Showbox DoDo - Seattle, WA

11/6 - Murray Theatre - Murray, UT

11/7 - Ogden Theatre - Denver, CO

11/9 - House of Blues - Chicago, IL

11/10 - House of Blues - Cleveland, OH

11/11 - Royal Oak Music Theatre - Royal Oak, MI

11/13 - Phoenix Concert Theatre - Toronto, ONT

11/14 - Club Soda - Montreal, QC

11/15 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA

11/17 - Nokia Theatre - New York, NY

11/19 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA

11/20 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC

11/21 - The Norva - Norfolk, VA

11/22 - 9:30 Club - Washington, DC

11/24 - Center Stage - Atlanta, GA

11/25 - The Club at Firestone - Orlando, FL

11/27 - Revolution - Ft. Lauderdale, FL

11/28 - Jannus Landing - Saint Petersburg, FL

11/29 - House of Blues - New Orleans, LA

12/1 - Warehouse Live - Houston, TX

12/2 - Emo's - Austin, TX

12/3 - Granada Theatre - Dallas, TX

12/5 - Sunshine Theatre - Albuquerque, NM

12/6 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ

12/8 - House of Blues - Las Vegas, NV

12/9 - House of Blues - San Diego, CA

12/10 - Club Nokia LA - Los Angeles, CA

!!!!check out litany.net for buying info!!!!!

• 1 year later...

any idea when in solvent see will be released? my last information said 31 august 2010

1. In Solvent See was the name of the tour, there has been no indication that it will be the album name.

2. No release in 2010, that's for sure. Possibly February 2011 is the latest I've heard.

3. Apparently the label may be back on its feet after the bankruptcy, but it seems the band wants to revisit some of the recordings and possibly update some of the themes and lyrics before releasing it. I can see why, as it's been in the works for quite some time and probably also shelved for a bit of time in whatever unfinished form.

Archived