IGNORED

pizza

Chris Moss Acid

8 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I’m mostly familiar with Sicilian slices in NYC. 

spacer.png

“The Sicilian: This classic New York slice began in Palermo, Italy as sfincione: a focaccia loaded with herbs, cheese and other toppings. Typically, it’s topped off with sauce, though some NYC spots swap the cheese and sauce layers.”

https://nypost.com/2019/04/16/the-best-new-pizza-slices-in-nyc-are-square/amp/

Interesting.  I've had that style of pizza in different places around New England over the years but I never knew the background.  I was talking about specifically pizzas made by a few places around the coastal northeast USA that were all owned and operated by Sicilian families and all had a lot of similarity but were totally different from that.

Both are great, that kind you posted id really good because of the way the cheese on the edges burns a bit.

Anyone here tried donair pizza?  I've seen it in Nova Scotia but I've never eaten it.

Growing up in the pseudo-midwest (Ohio), I was subjected to some pretty shitty pizza, mostly of the rectangular and too-doughy variety.

Best pizza I've ever had was at Frank Pepe's in New Haven, CT

tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg

Awesome white clam pie as well

Pepes_79.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2019 at 7:51 AM, TubularCorporation said:

Anyone here tried donair pizza?  I've seen it in Nova Scotia but I've never eaten it.

I love donair pizza - pretty standard from any pizza place around here, though it really has to be done properly (some places use too much donair sweet/garlic sauce or the za is really greasy etc).

We sometimes make our own donair meat, and then use that to make our own donair pizzas. Good shiz.

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 1

So wait... they have whole pizzas hanging out behind the plexiglass for people to buy?  That makes sense for by-the-slice, but the whole pie just sweating it out until someone wants it... that's crazy.  I'm more than a little disturbed.

Oh no no, they're bought as slices. But they don't slice them up until you order a slice so it doesn't get dry. Also, each pizza is sold out in matter of minutes so it's always fresh.

33 minutes ago, StephenG said:

ahh yeah that makes more sense. I want some of whatever that one in the middle is, looks like mushrooms and caramelized onions or something.

:drool:

Mushroom and truffle!

If you're a pizza lover you know that the most important factor for a good one is always the dough, and usually a craft baker will have excellent dough for a pizza (avoid major pizza companies). Then you add gorgonzola and pomodoro to get the classical one, however preferences are different for everyone of course. I love so many combinations but good chese, for example from goat mixed with salad ham/salami, onions and maybe bit of honey plus basil and oregano is very yummy.

• Like 2

Got some dough ready, making calzones tonight.

EDIT: I just bought some off the shelf dough at he local market since I'm away from home and didn't feel like making it from scratch, and it turns out I accidentally got GUTEN FREE PIZZA DOUGH.

That's just not right.

Edited by TubularCorporation

UPDATE:  Gluten free pizza dough is "dough" in the same sense that Play-Doh is "dough" but I managed to squish it all together into a sort of halfassed pan pizza.  No way it would have made a calzone, it's was more like making a really big, thick tortilla with pizza toppings on it than like making an actual pizza. 

Lesson learned!

Edited by TubularCorporation

Best food ever. Have a chain that’s mainly in California called Round Table and it blows every other well known chain out of the water. There’s also amazing local places near me too. Also Sbarro

Edited by President Squidward